(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) ISTANBUL, June 16 (KUNA) -- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the attacks by the Syrian regular forces on the Turkish outposts in Idlib governorate, north Syria, earlier Sunday breached the agreement on de-escalation zones with Russia.
"Turkey won't tolerate Syrian regime harassment of its soldiers," Turkey's Anadolu Agency (AA) quoted Cavusoglu as saying.
He made the comments at a ceremony to inaugurate a Foreign Ministry representation office in the southern city of Hatay, near the borders with Syria.
He affirmed that the Turkish army was able to deter the Syrian troops from attacking the Turkish soldiers.
The minister urged Russia and Iran, as co-sponsors of the Syrian file, to stop the aggressive acts of the Syrian troops in keeping with the de-escalation deal.
Earlier today, the Turkish Defense Ministry said in a statement the forces of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad's regime launched an artillery attack from Tall Bazan area on a Turkish observation post in Murak area, Idlib region.
The Turkish army responded with heavy weapons to the deliberate attack which resulted in partial material damage, but without casualties, according to the statement.
Yesterday, the Turkish army sent reinforcements to another observation point in Idlib near Zawiya, which was targeted by regime forces last week and left three Turkish soldiers wounded. (end)