403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Lebanon Steps Up Diplomatic Efforts to Boost Truce Framework with Israel
(MENAFN) Lebanese President Joseph Aoun is reportedly intensifying diplomatic contacts with the United States, as well as with Arab and other international partners, in an effort to reinforce an existing ceasefire arrangement with Israel before broader negotiations proceed, according to a senior Lebanese official source.
The source, speaking anonymously, said that US-mediated discussions between Lebanese and Israeli representatives are currently limited to technical and military matters, focusing primarily on practical measures on the ground rather than political agreements.
These discussions reportedly include arrangements related to Israeli withdrawal from recently occupied areas, the deployment of the Lebanese army in those zones, and steps aimed at strengthening the ceasefire framework before any wider diplomatic track is pursued.
According to the same source, a further meeting is expected in Washington on May 29 involving military representatives from both Lebanon and Israel, where operational and field-level issues are set to be discussed within a technical coordination format.
The Lebanese side is also said to be maintaining contact with what officials describe as friendly Arab and international actors, seeking additional diplomatic pressure to ensure that the ceasefire is consolidated before any expansion into broader negotiations.
Previous rounds of talks held earlier in May reportedly focused on a draft “declaration of intent” intended to outline the basis for a future understanding between the parties, although no final agreement has yet been reached.
The source, speaking anonymously, said that US-mediated discussions between Lebanese and Israeli representatives are currently limited to technical and military matters, focusing primarily on practical measures on the ground rather than political agreements.
These discussions reportedly include arrangements related to Israeli withdrawal from recently occupied areas, the deployment of the Lebanese army in those zones, and steps aimed at strengthening the ceasefire framework before any wider diplomatic track is pursued.
According to the same source, a further meeting is expected in Washington on May 29 involving military representatives from both Lebanon and Israel, where operational and field-level issues are set to be discussed within a technical coordination format.
The Lebanese side is also said to be maintaining contact with what officials describe as friendly Arab and international actors, seeking additional diplomatic pressure to ensure that the ceasefire is consolidated before any expansion into broader negotiations.
Previous rounds of talks held earlier in May reportedly focused on a draft “declaration of intent” intended to outline the basis for a future understanding between the parties, although no final agreement has yet been reached.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment