Tuesday, 02 January 2024 12:17 GMT

'These People Are SICK': Donald Trump Calls Report Of Paying Iran $30 Billion For Nuclear Agreement 'Fake News'


(MENAFN- Live Mint) US President Donald Trump on Friday slammed a news report of America willing to pay Iran $30 billion to build non-military nuclear facilities. Calling the report 'fake news', he said that it was a 'ridiculous idea'.

The report, published by CNN earlier this week, had said quoting four sources that Donald Trump has proposed to pay $30 billion to build a civilian-energy-producing nuclear programme.

“Who in the Fake News Media is the SleazeBag saying that“President Trump wants to give Iran $30 Billion to build non-military Nuclear facilities.” Never heard of this ridiculous idea. It's just another HOAX put out by the Fake News in order to demean. These people are SICK!!!,” he said in a post on Truth Social.

Bashing CNN directly, Trump said that one of their reporters has“no idea what she is talking about."

“Where does CNN get its“talent?” Just watched someone named Abby Phillip lecture her audience on Tariffs and the economy (which is doing record business!). She has absolutely no idea what she is talking about, strictly 3rd rate. Fortunately, the audience has long ago left CNN, and it will only get WORSE. LOSERS ALL!!!,” he said.

Also Read | US-Iran negotiations: Trump govt offers $30 billion, more to strike nuclear deal What did the report say?

According to the report by CNN citing at least four sources, the Donald Trump administration discussed helping Iran get access to $30 billion to build the nuclear programme, ease sanctions and free up billions in restricted Iranian funds.

The talks were reportedly held in a hush-hush manner as Iran and Israel continued to strike a flurry of drones and missiles at each other, CNN reported, quoting sources. The talks have continued even as the two countries agreed to a ceasefire.

Also Read | Who have struck deals with US ahead of July 9 deadline? Who are struggling?

The Trump administration has floated several evolving proposals in return for one thing: zero Iranian enrichment of uranium, which Iran has consistently maintained it needs. This was done a day before America launched three strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities .

One Trump official told the outlet that the funding will not directly come from the US and its Arab partners may pay the bill.

Also Read | Trump 'knew' where Khamenei hid during conflict: 'Saved him from ugly death'

“The US is willing to lead these talks” with Iran, the Trump administration official told CNN.“And someone is going to need to pay for the nuclear program to be built, but we will not make that commitment.”

Iran has repeatedly resisted the US's offers to strike a nuclear deal, insisting that nuclear enrichment is necessary for it.

MENAFN28062025007365015876ID1109735615



Live Mint

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Search