Abu Dhabi: Own A Freezone Company? Here's How You Can Get A Dual Licence

(MENAFN- Khaleej Times) Published: Wed 19 Jun 2024, 4:58 PM

Last updated: Wed 19 Jun 2024, 11:04 PM

Are you a company owner in the Abu Dhabi freezone who wants to operate outside? The dual licence, launched by Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development, enables you to do just that.

In order to obtain the dual licence, you must first have a valid freezone licence for your company. Here is a guide on how to get a dual licence in Abu Dhabi, including the documents required, cost, and steps to follow.

Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels.

Steps to apply
  • Visit the TAMM website
  • Click on the 'Services' tab at the top of the page.
  • Then, click on the 'Business' services, and click on 'Start a Business'.
  • Click on the 'Economic Licence' tab on the left side of the page, or scroll down to that section.
  • Click on 'Economic Licence/Dual'.
  • Sign in with UAE Pass.
  • Submit the required documents, and the application.
  • If required, obtain approval of the concerned government entities.
  • Pay the fees. Documents required
    • Declaration and pledge
    • Freezone licence
    • No objection certificate

    The cost for issuing a dual economic licence is Dh790. This covers up to 6 activities, and requires additional Dh100 each for every additional activity.

    The estimated time to receive the dual licence is 5 working days.


    • Abu Dhabi launches 'Unified Economic Licence' to enhance ease of doing business
    • How to set up a business in UAE mainland: A step-by-step guide


  • Khaleej Times

    Legal Disclaimer:
    MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.