(MENAFN- Khaleej Times)
As cyber attacks and online scams increase all over the world, authorities urged residents to follow safe practices while surfing online.
A new campaign launched by the Abu Dhabi Digital Authority, in cooperation with the Cyber Security Council, aims to strengthen awareness of cybersecurity risks and show internet users how to avoid falling prey to scamsters.
Earlier, the UAE Cybersecurity Council had launched the Cyber Pulse initiative to encourage all residents to play a part in cybersecurity in order to enhance digital awareness.
Here are four essential Don'ts to follow:
1. Do not engage with anonymous callers
2. Avoid visiting suspicious websites
3. Never use the same password over and over again
4. Never share your personal information online, such as bank details
To report online scams call the toll free number – 8002626
- Travelling this summer? Beware the scammers
- TikTok prank based on real fraud: How cybercriminals in UAE convince victims to call them
- Tinder swindler: UAE resident looking for second wife loses savings to crypto scam
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.