Jordan- Olive oil mills to open Monday| MENAFN.COM

Saturday, 01 October 2022 05:03 GMT

Jordan- Olive oil mills to open Monday

(MENAFN- Jordan News Agency) Amman, Oct. 4 (Petra) -- Around 132 olive oil mills across the Kingdom will open their doors on Monday, kicking off the 2020/2021 harvest season with the yield expected in the 23,000-24,000 tons range.
The total area of olive groves in all regions of the Kingdom is put at 560,000 donums planted with around 10.5 million trees, according to a recent agricultural survey by the Department of Statistics, which indicated that olive groves account for 20 percent of all cultivated area of the Kingdom.
According to data by the Ministry of Agriculture statistics, the value of investments in the olive oil industry is north of JD1 billion, providing livelihoods to more than 80,000 Jordanian households.
The Kingdom's annual average olive yield is estimated at about 150,000 tons, 20 percent of which is usually used for pickling while the remaining 80 percent goes to mills which produce from 22,000 to 24,000 tons of oil in annual average.
Noteworthy, Jordan has been self-sufficient when it comes to producing and supplying olive oil and table olives since 2000. In fact, part of the Kingdom's annual output is exported to other countries worldwide.
Further, individual consumption of live oil in Jordan is estimated at 4.5KG annually.
04/10/2020 15:31:27


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.