(MENAFN- PRLog) Calyptix Security releases version 4.1 of the firewall's firmware, adding a long list of new features, including VLAN management, drag-and-drop port forwarding rules, and intelligent GUI notifications. AE-circle-stack-300x233 CHARLOTTE, N.C. - March 20, 2019 - PRLog -- Calyptix Security Corp., maker of the AccessEnforcer UTM Firewall, today announced a new firmware release that adds dozens of new features and improvements to the security appliance, making it faster and easier for small businesses to deploy powerful cyber security.
New features in AccessEnforcer Version 4.1 include:
- VLAN Management – The ability to set and manage VLANs is now integrated throughout the AccessEnforcer interface. Administrators can quickly set new VLANs on a dedicated GUI page and configure and manage them with components such as port-forwarding, outbound filtering, CalyptixVPN, IPsec VPN, diagnostic tools, and many others.
- Drag-and-Drop Port Forwarding – Administrators can now quickly organize port forwarding rules in the AccessEnforcer GUI through a simple drag-and-drop interface. This allows administrators to easily standardize rule presentation across multiple sites.
- Configuration Checks – Several types of configuration changes are now automatically checked and validated for common errors. Administrators are alerted via GUI banner to invalid settings and receive additional information for remediation. Systems that are automatically checked include DHCP settings, network settings, port-forwarding rules, and VLAN settings.
- Intelligent GUI Notifications – A new notification system is used throughout the GUI, alerting administrators to important and actionable information – such notices of invalid configuration, required IDS/IPS restarts, and restart progress.
- Change Batching – Certain configuration changes are best performed simultaneously to minimize network disruption. For example, when changing a subnet's IP range, its DHCP server configuration typically must also change. These changes are now batched into a queue, allowing the administrator to restart networking a single time to apply them in unison.
"Our mission is to harden small business networks and make them easier to configure and manage. AccessEnforcer Version 4.1 is our latest firmware release to help us fulfill this mission. The new features and updates it brings to our partners' networks will help them improve security and save time," said Ben Yarbrough, CEO, Calyptix Security.
AccessEnforcer Version 4.1 also updates firewall's operating system to OpenBSD 6.3. OpenBSD is one of the most secure operating systems in the world. Version 6.3 provides additional mitigations against the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities and also mitigates against return-oriented programming and other memory corruption attacks.
Many other improvements and bug fixes are also included in version 4.1. For example, administrators can now use an unlimited number of port forwarding rules. DHCP reservations have been made more flexible. The HTTPS web filter has been made more reliable and has improved support for multi-WAN configurations.
More about VLAN management in AccessEnforcer.
For a full list of new features and improvements in AccessEnforcer Version 4.1, or to see a live demo of the interface, contact Calyptix at .
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.