Uganda 2010 bombing mastermind found guilty: court| MENAFN.COM

Friday, 20 May 2022 02:23 GMT

Uganda 2010 bombing mastermind found guilty: court


(MENAFN- The Peninsula)

Kampala:The Ugandan ringleader of a 2010 bombing by the Al-Qaeda-linked Shebab that killed 76 people in Kinshasa was found guilty on Thursday of masterminding one of the region's worst attacks in decades.

Judge Alfonse Owiny-Dollo said Issa Luyima had been shown during the trial to have played a key part in planning the attacks. "I therefore find Issa Luyima guilty for the offence of terrorism of which he was charged, so I convict him," Owiny-Dollo said. The judge was reading the verdicts against 12 other suspects also in court.

AFP


if(window.innerWidth < 728){ googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-796530061225000279-1'); }


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Newsletter