403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Etisalat logs net profit decline of 40 percent in Q2
(MENAFN) Telecom firm Etisalat reported a 40 percent fall of its second-quarter net profit that, blamed on its troubled Saudi Arabia affiliate Mobily and foreign exchange losses, The Peninsula Qatar reported.
The Abu Dhabi-listed firm, which operates in about 19 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, made a net profit of USD408.4 million in the three months to June 30, the company said in a statement.
Compared to the same quarter last year, the company's net profit dropped from USD683.2 million. However, the figure missed analysts' forecasts which indicated the operator to log a profit of USD 587.9 million.
Saudi's Mobily, in which Etisalat owns a 27.5 percent stake, has been caught in an accounting scandal that has led the kingdom's No.2 operator to restate much of its earnings from 2013 onwards.
The Abu Dhabi-listed firm, which operates in about 19 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, made a net profit of USD408.4 million in the three months to June 30, the company said in a statement.
Compared to the same quarter last year, the company's net profit dropped from USD683.2 million. However, the figure missed analysts' forecasts which indicated the operator to log a profit of USD 587.9 million.
Saudi's Mobily, in which Etisalat owns a 27.5 percent stake, has been caught in an accounting scandal that has led the kingdom's No.2 operator to restate much of its earnings from 2013 onwards.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment