403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Roadside bomb kills troops in Sinai region
(MENAFN- Arab News) CAIRO: A roadside bomb explosion struck an army vehicle in the volatile Sinai Peninsula killing an army captain and a soldier Egypt's military spokesman said.
The spokesman Brig. Gen. Mohammed Samir said on his official Facebook page Friday that another soldier was injured in Thursday's explosion near the city of El-Arish.
The militant group Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis which pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for most of the attacks in Sinai.
Meanwhile Egypt's state news agency MENA said police exchanged fire with three gunmen in the eastern Cairo neighborhood of Al-Salam on Thursday killing two of them while three policemen and two passers-by were injured. The third gunman fled.
MENA said the three gunmen refused to stop their car at a police checkpoint.
A video message posted by the Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis Friday on a militant website affiliated to the IS group showed four Egyptians identifying themselves by their names and confessing they collaborated with the Egyptian army. Two of the four were later shown being shot and killed by a jihadi but the fate of the two others was not known. The group had already posted videos showing similar executions of suspected collaborators.
The video also showed jihadis checking identities of passengers and drivers along what it said was the international road between El-Arish and Rafah.
The authenticity of the video could not be verified.
The spokesman Brig. Gen. Mohammed Samir said on his official Facebook page Friday that another soldier was injured in Thursday's explosion near the city of El-Arish.
The militant group Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis which pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for most of the attacks in Sinai.
Meanwhile Egypt's state news agency MENA said police exchanged fire with three gunmen in the eastern Cairo neighborhood of Al-Salam on Thursday killing two of them while three policemen and two passers-by were injured. The third gunman fled.
MENA said the three gunmen refused to stop their car at a police checkpoint.
A video message posted by the Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis Friday on a militant website affiliated to the IS group showed four Egyptians identifying themselves by their names and confessing they collaborated with the Egyptian army. Two of the four were later shown being shot and killed by a jihadi but the fate of the two others was not known. The group had already posted videos showing similar executions of suspected collaborators.
The video also showed jihadis checking identities of passengers and drivers along what it said was the international road between El-Arish and Rafah.
The authenticity of the video could not be verified.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment