Tuesday, 02 January 2024 12:17 GMT

Stay on Iraq execution of two Saudis urged


(MENAFN- Arab News) The Plenipotentiary Minister in the Saudi Embassy in Amman, Dr. Hamad Al Hajeri, told local press sources yesterday that officials in Saudi Arabia approached the International Red Cross Committee to intervene and stop the execution of two Saudis in Iraqi prisons. "We have previously addressed the Iraqi government to stop the implementation of the executions and conduct a retrial for our citizens who are held in Iraqi prisons," he said. Al Hajeri pointed out that the Saudi Embassy has appealed to the Red Cross to stop the implementation of the execution decisions after it sent memorandums to the Iraqi government asking for a stay of execution and retrial. The Saudi move has come in the wake of leaked reports that the execution dates for those Saudis in Iraq is nearing. 


Arab News

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Search