(MENAFN Editorial) This webinar is unique in that it addresses construction claims resolution and dispute avoidance methods before the project are put out for bids. Construction-Claims-EOT Spread the Word
• Pre-construction audits
• Project trending
• Avoid disputes
• Hillsboro - Oregon - US
HILLSBORO, Ore. - May 14, 2018 - PRLog -- Edupliance announces webinar titled, "Handling Construction Disputes & Claims" To avoid all claims there must be no changes, no delays, no shortage of qualified craft labor, no late delivery of equipment and materials, no bad weather, etc. The event goes LIVE on Thursday, May 30, from 01:00 PM to 02:30 PM, EST / 10 AM to 11:30 AM PST.
Construction projects are a fertile breeding ground for claims – unless everything on the project proceeds exactly as planned. To avoid all claims there must be no changes, no delays, no shortage of qualified craft labor, no late delivery of equipment and materials, no bad weather, etc. It is highly unlikely that anyone has ever seen this project in history. Even the pyramids in Egypt had changes, delays and construction problems.
The 90-minute webinar will be conducted by James Zack & Steven Collins
James Zack is the Senior Advisor to the Navigant Construction Forum™. The Forum strives to be the construction industry's resource for thought leadership and best practices on avoidance and resolution of construction project disputes globally. Formerly, he was the Executive Director, Corporate Claims Management Group, Fluor Corporation, one of the world's largest EPCM contractors.
Steven Collins is a Director in Navigant's Global Construction Practice. Mr. Collins possess more than 28 years of diverse construction and consulting experience. His broad range of construction experience encompasses direct management of large complex projects as well as diverse construction consulting experience.
Webinar attendees will learn:
• Learn the value of pre-planning how to avoid disputes from the beginning of the project
• Understand the "ins and outs" of a comprehensive scheduling specification and learn what needs to be included in a scheduling specification
• Become knowledgeable about the value and use of a thoroughly drafted Payment for Changes clause
• Learn the cost, the value and the benefits of using a Dispute Resolution Board (DRB)
• Be able to identify the benefits and use of escrow bid documents, project partnering, pre-construction audits, project trending and short interval schedule submittals
• Understand the use of standing negotiation teams and decision ladders
• Learn some new ways to mitigate delay damages and avoid the need for difficult cost negotiations and audits in the event of owner caused delay
• Gain insight into ways to resolve claims on the projects and avoid the need to close out projects in a courtroom or arbitration hearing room
To register for the webinar, visit https://www.edupliance.com/About Edupliance
Edupliance is an online information provider which offers webinars (Live and On-Demand), DVD's and downloadable resources that cover concurrent topics pertaining to various industries. With an expert panel of guest speakers, Edupliance brings state-of-the-art virtual technology solutions and industry-leading training sessions that are easy to learn, easily accessible and cater to people with varied interests. Edupliance is privately held and located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
For more information, visit www.edupliance.com.
T: 1 – 844-810-1151 A:- #101, 4660,
NE Belknap Court, Hillsboro, OR 97124