(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) RIYADH, April 14 (KUNA) -- Saudi Arabia Saturday voiced full support to military operations launched by the US, Britain and France against military targets in Syria.
"These military strikes came as a response to the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians, including women and children," an official source at the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement carried by Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
The regime bears responsibility for these military operations in light of the international community's failure to take strict measures against the Syrian regime, the source added.
US President Donald Trump announced late Friday "precision strikes" against chemical weapons targets in Syria in response to an alleged chemical attack there last week.
Addressing the nation, Trump said: "A short time ago, I ordered the United States armed forces to launch precision strikes on targets associated with the chemical weapons capabilities of Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad." He also thanked France and the United Kingdom for the combined operation with the US armed forces.
US Secretary of Defense James Mattis also said France, the UK and the US took "decisive" action to strike three chemical weapons infrastructure locations in response to a recent chemical weapons attack by the regime of Bashar Al Assad. (end) mdm.mt