(MENAFN - Pajhwok Afghan News) JALALABAD (Pajhwok): Over 140 rebels have been killed and ten others injured in 32 joint clearing operations and offensives in the past five weeks in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Tuesday.
Police Chief Brig. Gen. Abdul Rahman Rahimi briefed reporters in Jalalabad, the provincial capital, and showed the detainees and recovered explosives.
He said explosives, suicide jackets, mine-making equipment and other materials had been seized.
He said in the past five months 32 joint operations had been conducted in Achin, Kot, Bati Kot, Momandara, Lalpura, Chaparhar, Khogyani and Pachir Agam districts.
He said 105 alleged insurgents including two Pakistanis and two suicide bombers had been detained during the offensives.
Two suicide jackets, 41 mobile phone sets, 10 vehicles and 29 anti-vehicles mines had been recovered and dismantled.
Rahimi said during the period, police have detected 122 criminal incidents and arrested 164 people in connection to the incidents.
He added 1,568 different type of drug had been recovered during the period and arrested 37 suspected individuals.