Wednesday, 21 August 2019 07:54 GMT
img

Saudi Arabia condemns Egypt's church attack




(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) RIYADH, Dec 29 (KUNA) -- Saudi Arabia strongly condemned the "terrorist" attack that targeted a church in Helwan, south of Cairo on Friday.

An official source at the Saudi Foreign Ministry was quoted by Saudi Press Agency (SPA) as saying that the kingdom stands by Egypt against these heinous terrorist acts.

The source offered condolences to the Egyptian government and people over the victims of the church attack, wishing the injured speedy recovery.

The Egyptian Health Ministry said earlier in the day that two gunmen attacked the Mar Mina church, leaving 10 people dead and five others wounded.

Security forces at the Mar Mina church shot dead one gunman, while the other gunman fled, the Ministry of Interior said.

The attack comes ahead of New Year celebrations and the Coptic Christmas on 7 January. (end) mdm.mt

MENAFN2912201700710000ID1096287929


Saudi Arabia condemns Egypt's church attack

Authors_Square_PromoteArticle2019

  Most popular stories  

Day | Week | Month