(MENAFN- America News Hour) The major factors responsible for the growth of the Indian enteral feeding devices market include the growing geriatric population, an increase in the premature birth rate, increasing adoption of enteral nutrition, and the high prevalence of chronic diseases.
– The burden of chronic diseases is growing in India. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every second person in India dies from non-communicable diseases. According to the World Health Survey data (2017), more than 20% of the Indian population smokes daily, which is a major contributor to the increasing prevalence and incidence of chronic diseases. India is among the top three countries with a high incidence of diabetes. In addition, sedentary lifestyles and obesity are the other factors responsible for the high prevalence of diabetes.
– Chronic patients, who are incapable of taking food, require a good supply of nutrition through enteral feeding, which augments the demand for enteral feeding devices. Therefore, the high prevalence of chronic diseases in India is projected to drive the growth of the market studied, over the forecast period.
– In India, several hospitalized patients are malnourished, thus resulting in an increase in morbidity and mortality rates. Patients suffering from malnutrition require nutritional support to fasten their recovery. The enteral route is preferred for patients who cannot increase their oral intake to meet their nutritional requirements. Enteral nutrition has fewer side effects and is cost-effective when compared to other modes of nutrition supply.
– The increasing incidence of chronic diseases, growing patient pool, and increasing aging population are leading to an increase in the adoption of enteral nutrition among the Indian population, thus driving the growth of the market studied over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Click Here to Download Sample Report
The Oncology Segment is Expected to Grow Fastest during the Forecast Period
– The major factor driving the growth of the oncology segment is the rising prevalence of cancer in India. Cancer treatment causes many complications and side effects in patients, including mucositis sores in the mouth, difficulty in chewing and swallowing solid food, and altered saliva level, making it difficult to swallow.
– Cancer patients suffer from severe weight loss, as they cannot take proper food, resulting in a shortage of nutrition in the body.
– According to the estimates of Globocan 2018, there were likely to be 1,157,294 new cases of cancer in India. It has been observed that breast, lip, oral cavity, cervical, and lung cancers are the major types of cancers in India. Oral cancer is the most common type of cancer in men and breast cancer is in women.
– Furthermore, as per the data published by the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research), in 2016, India had 14 lakh cancer patients, and this number is expected to increase. Thus, the presence of a huge patient pool is likely to create tremendous opportunities for the market.
The Indian enteral feeding devices market is moderately competitive with the presence of global as well as local players. The global enterprises are competing with each other on various fronts, such as the introduction of new products, increasing geographical penetration, and enhancing distribution channels. The high competition is expected to drive the merger and acquisition activities, thereby leading to market consolidation, in a few business segments.
Request For Full Report
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Geriatric Population and High Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
4.2.2 Increasing Premature Birth Rate
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Complications Associated with Enteral Feeding Tubes
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Enteral Feeding Pump
5.1.2 Enteral Feeding Tube
5.1.3 Other Devices
5.2 By Age Group
5.3 By End User
5.3.2 Ambulatory Care Service
5.3.3 Other End Users
5.4 By Application
5.4.4 Neurological Disorder
5.4.6 Other Applications
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Abbott Laboratories
6.1.2 B Braun Melsungen AG
6.1.3 Boston Scientific Corporation
6.1.4 Becton, Dickinson and Company
6.1.5 CONMED Corporation
6.1.6 Cook Medical Incorporated
6.1.7 Fresenius Se & Co. KGaA
6.1.8 Cardinal Health
6.1.9 Nestlé Health Science
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Access Full Report, here: india enteral feeding devices market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
For more information, please contact:
Shibuya Data Count
+ 81 3 45720790
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.