(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for coil coatings is expected to register a CAGR of over 5%, during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the rising demand from the building and construction industry in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific. However, increasing demand for lightweight materials in the automobile industry is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
– The polyester segment dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period, as it is one of the most widely used products in the industry since it offers excellent corrosion and weather resistance to the coated material in most conditions.
– Increasing demand for fluoropolymer coatings for architectural applications is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
– Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from the Building and Construction Industry
– The building and construction industry is by far the largest consumer of coil coatings. The main resins, which are used extensively in construction, are a polyester resin, and silicone-modified polyester and polyvinylidene fluorides (PVDF) or fluoropolymer. With the rising number of building codes that promote energy-efficient structures, home builders and consumers are gradually moving toward building strategies that deliver performance and energy savings in the long run.
– In addition to aesthetic look, durability, and functionality, coil coatings are known for their infrared-reflective pigment technology. This technology saves energy on cooling, by helping to ease the building's interior temperature.
– According to the Department of Energy, heating and cooling costs account for 48% of the energy use in a typical US household. Capability to be molded into almost any shape, excellent resistance, superior longevity, infinite aesthetic color and texture options, and environmental benefits make coil coatings a perfect option for both interior and exterior construction applications.
– Furthermore, these coatings are also used in making gutters and downspouts, as a part of rainwater collection installations. Another rising use of coil coatings is for various leaf and debris prevention systems, which have recently been introduced to the market
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. Coil coatings, due to their high-end aesthetics and long-lasting value, are used in the building and construction industry, in ceiling grids, doors, roofing and siding, windows, etc.
– As the construction industry continues to grow, the market for coil coatings may also rise. Globally, Asia-Pacific has the largest construction market, which is led by India, China, and various Southeast Asian countries.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
– India has experienced significant interest from foreign investors in its infrastructural sector. Altico Capital, the non-banking finance company of Clearwater Capital Partners LLC, has expressed interest to invest around USD 150 million to develop commercial office properties and improve the infrastructure sector, over the next one and a half years. The Asian Development Bank approved a loan of USD 631 million to develop the Vishakhapatnam-Chennai industrial corridor. PTC India Financial Services (PFS) and India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) entered into an agreement to provide funding for infrastructure projects in India. These are some of the few investments the country is expected to embark on, in the upcoming years.
– Recently, China was suffering a slump in its construction industry. However, it is expected to recover in the next few years. According to the forecast of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the country needs to spend USD 1.7 trillion, annually, until 2030, to meet its infrastructure needs.
– All such factors are expected to increase the demand for coil coatings in the region.
The coil coatings market is fragmented and dominated by very few players. Some of these major players include AkzoNobel, PPG Industries, Solvay SA, Beckers Group, and the Sherwin Williams Company.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand from the Building and Construction Industry
4.1.2 Stringent Environmental Regulations for Conventional Products
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Lightweight Materials in Automotive Industry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report coil coatings market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.