(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for epoxy primers is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 5% globally during the forecast period. Growing applications in buildings & construction are driving market growth. On the flip side, stringent environmental regulations and slowdown in global automotive production are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
– Epoxy Primer market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand from Building & Construction.
– Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries such as China, India, and Japan
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Building & Construction
– Epoxy primer is a sealer that produces a good surface finish. It is primarily recommended as the first base coat over bare steel. These base coats or epoxy primers can also be used over fiberglass, plastic, concrete, metals, and others.
– Epoxy primers are used for a wide variety of materials due to their strong adhesion, good mechanical ability, and chemical resistance in wet and high-humidity environments.
– In the building & construction segment, epoxy primers are used in floors, walls, and ceilings. These primers are used in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings such as warehouses and others.
– Application of epoxy primers in the building & construction segment has gradually increased over the years as it ensures excellent adhesion to the subsequent paint layers.
– Nearly, 9% of India's GDP is spent on infrastructural activities. The government of India has given an enormous momentum to the infrastructural sector, by allocating INR 5.97 lakh crore (~USD 92.22 billion), under the Union Budget 2018-2019.
– Growing construction activity in countries such as China, Japan, United States, and India are expected to drive the market for epoxy primers during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for epoxy primers during the forecast period. With the growing construction sector in countries such as China, India, and Japan the utilization of epoxy primers is increasing in the region.
– The largest producers of epoxy primers are located in Asia-Pacific. Some of the leading companies in the production of epoxy primers are NIPPON PAINT, Berger Paints Singapore, Asian Paints, Pidilite Industries Limited, Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.
Request For Full Report
– The Chinese government has rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for 250 million people in its new megacities, over the next ten years, creating scope for epoxy primers in its construction activity over the coming years increasing the scope for the application of epoxy primers.
– Epoxy primers are also used in aircraft. CA7049 is a three-component, chromate-free epoxy primer designed by PPG Industries, Inc to protect exterior aircraft surfaces. It is also used as a refresh primer over basic primers.
– The Indian government has announced an investment worth USD 31,650 billion for the construction of 100 cities, under the smart cities plan. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite further investments of worth INR 2 trillion (~USD 28.18 billion), over the coming five years creating scope for the application of these epoxy primers.
– Epoxy primers are also used in automotive industry on metals and fiberglass. It improves surface smoothness, increases basecoat and topcoat adhesion, and also protects vehicles from UV rays.
– The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for epoxy primers during the forecast period
The global epoxy primers market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include NIPPON PAINT, Berger Paints Singapore, Asian Paints, PPG Industries, Inc, Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
Request For Full Report
Table of Contents :
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Application in Buildings & Construction
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Slowdown in Global Automotive Production
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Substrate Type
5.2.1 Solvent Borne
5.2.2 Water Borne
5.3.1 Building & Construction
5.3.2 Automotive & Transportation
5.3.3 Machinery & Equipment
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.2 Asian Paints
6.4.3 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.4 BASF SE
6.4.5 Berger Paints Singapore
6.4.6 Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd
6.4.7 NIPPON PAINT
6.4.8 Pidilite Industries Limited
6.4.9 PPG Industries, Inc.
6.4.10 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of High Efficient Epoxy Primers
7.2 Other Opportunities
Access Full Report, here: epoxy primers market
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.