(MENAFN- GlobeNewsWire - Nasdaq)
Dublin, Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The 'taiwan data center market - investment analysis & growth opportunities 2022-2027' report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Taiwan data center market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% during 2022-2027. This report analyses the Taiwan data center market share. It elaboratively analyses the existing and upcoming facilities and investments in IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, and tier standards. It discusses market sizing and investment estimation for different segments.
Taiwan's primary data center construction locations include Taipei, the economic hub and the most connected city in Taiwan. Taichung city is predicted to be the upcoming data center location, as growth is estimated in this location during the forecast period. Significant investments were made in 5G technologies to expand its reach in the country. A tremendous amount of data is being generated in real-time, prompting operators to invest in the market.
In Taiwan, Free Trade Zones such as Cargo Park FTZ, Kaohsiung Port FTZ, Keelung Port FTZ, and Taipei Port FTZ, among others, offer tax incentives to attract foreign enterprises to establish operations or simplify processing activities. Such factors will help in boosting the Taiwan data center market.
There are efforts towards sustainability by the government, which planned investments of around USD 170 billion for making public and private sectors sustainable by the year 2050. The country aims to produce 20% of its energy using renewable sources by 2025. The nation is also witnessing an increase in investments, at more than 10% from 2020, due to investments from colocation providers such as Chief Telecom, Chunghwa Telecom, and Taiwan Mobile, among others.
Taiwan is one of the major connectivity hubs in the APAC region. Factors such as 5G deployments, rise in cloud-based services, adoption of AI/ML workloads, growing procurement of big data and IoT solutions, and renewable energy procurement are driving the Taiwan data center market. In the country, there is a presence of various industrial parks which are technology-based, such as the Neihu Technology Park and Nangang Software Park, among others, offer tax incentives for facility development and other technologies such as AI, cloud, and IoT. Data is being generated at unprecedented speed in the country due to the use of technologies such as IoT, big data & AI. These technologies are implemented across almost all industry verticals increasing the demand for data centers in the country. Cloud demand is significantly increasing in the country. Many cloud service providers, such as cadence, Google, Siemens, Azure, AWS, and Synopsys, formed a cloud alliance with TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company). The government is strengthening the businesses in Taiwan by implementing various digital services across industrial, commercial, and public sectors, leading to data generation and more industry investments.
Reasons to Buy:
1. Market size available in the investment, area, power capacity, and the Taiwan colocation market revenue.
2. An assessment of the investment in Taiwan by colocation and enterprise operators.
3. Investments in the area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across locations in the country.
4. A detailed study of the existing market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the Taiwan data center market size during the forecast period.
5. Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party data center facilities in Taiwan
a. Facilities Covered (Existing): 10
b. Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 6
c. Coverage: 4+ Locations
d. Existing vs. Upcoming (Area)
e. Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
6. Data center colocation market in Taiwan
a. Market Revenue & Forecast (2021-2027)
b. Wholesale vs. Retail Revenue & Forecast (2021-2027)
c. Retail Colocation Pricing
d. Wholesale Colocation Pricing
7. The Taiwan market landscape investments are classified into IT, power, cooling, and general construction services with sizing and forecast.
8. A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, growth restraints, and prospects for the industry.
9. Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the industry.
10. A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspects of the market.
The construction contractors in the country have both global and local presence, supplying significant operators in the industry, such as AECOM, M+W Group, and others. The Taiwan data center market has a presence of local construction contractors such as Pacific Engineers and Constructors and MAA Group. Global cloud service providers are expected to enter the industry in the upcoming years. For instance, Amazon Web Services launched its first local zone in Taipei, Taiwan, in 2022. There is a significant increase in cloud services in the region, which has prompted the formation of a cloud alliance between TSMC and companies like AWS, cadence, Google, Siemens, Azure, and Synopsys. Entry of new operators is witnessed in the country. For instance, Empyrion DC, a Singapore-based operator, is entering the Taiwan market by developing its first facility in Taipei.
IT Infrastructure Providers
Atos Broadcom Cisco Systems Dell Technologies Extreme Networks Fujitsu Hitachi Vantara IBM MiTAC Holdings Pure Storage Lenovo NetApp Quanta Cloud Technology (Quanta Computer) Super Micro Computer Wiwynn
Data Center Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
AECOM M+W Group Pacific Engineers and Constructors (PECL) MAA Group
Support Infrastructure Providers
ABB ATEN Caterpillar Cummins Delta Electronics Eaton HITEC Power Protection Mitsubishi Electric Legrand Rittal Schneider Electric STULZ Trane Vertiv
Data Center Investors
Chunghwa Telecom Chief Telecom Far EasTone Telecommunications Taiwan Mobile
Existing vs. Upcoming Data Centers
Existing Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity) Taipei Other Cities (Taichung, Changhua, Douliu, & Taoyuan) List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (Area and Power Capacity)
Key Questions Answered:
1. How much is the Taiwan data center market investment expected to grow?
2. What is the growth rate of the Taiwan data center market?
3. How many data centers have been identified in Taiwan?
4. What are the driving factors for the Taiwan data center market?
5. Who are the key investors in the Taiwan data center market?
6. How much will power capacity be added across Taiwan from 2022 to 2027?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Existing & Upcoming Third-Party Data Centers in Taiwan
1.1. Historical Market Scenario
1.2. 17+ Unique Data Center Properties
1.3. Data Center It Load Capacity
1.4. Data Center White Floor Area Space
1.5. Existing Vs Upcoming Data Center Capacity by Cities
1.6. Cities Covered
1.6.2. Other Cities
1.7. List of Upcoming Data Center Facilities
2. Investment Opportunities in Taiwan
2.1. Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Factors of the Taiwan Market
2.2. Data Center Investments
2.3. Investment by Area
2.4. Investment by Power Capacity
3. Data Center Colocation Market in Taiwan
3.1. Colocation Services Market in Taiwan
3.2. Retail Vs Wholesale Data Center Colocation
3.3. Data Center Demand Across Industries in the Taiwan
3.4. Colocation Pricing (Quarter Rack, Half Rack, Full Rack) & Add-Ons
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Trends
4.3. Market Restraints
5. Market Segmentation
5.1. It Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
5.2. Electrical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
5.3. Mechanical Infrastructure: Market Size & Forecast
5.4. General Construction Services: Market Size & Forecast
6. Tier Standard Investment
6.1. Tier I & Ii
6.2. Tier Iii
6.3. Tier Iv
7. Key Market Participants
7.1. It Infrastructure Providers
7.2. Construction Contractors
7.3. Support Infrastructure Providers
7.4. Data Center Investors
7.5. New Entrant
For more information about this report visit
Tags cooling system data center construction data center infrastructure data centers retail colocation wholesale data center