(MENAFN- GlobeNewsWire - Nasdaq)
SAN FRANCISCO, May 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Facts and Factors has published a new research report titled “Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market - Global and Regional Industry Trends, Competitive Intelligence, Analysis of Data, Statistical Data, and Forecast 2022 - 2028” in its research database.
“According to the latest research study, the demand of global Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market size & share was worth about US$ 310 billion in 2021 and is predicted to grow to around US$ 530 billion by 2028, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 7.5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2028.”
What is Fruit & Vegetable Processing? How big is the Fruit & Vegetable Processing Industry?
Fruit & vegetable processing is a subset of food processing that involves the conversion of agricultural goods into food or of one type of food into another. Fruit & vegetable processing aids in the manufacture of products for immediate consumption as well as food ingredients.
Fruit & vegetable processing preserves the freshness, flavor, texture, and nutrition of the produce. Categorizing, cleaning, cooling, blanching, peeling, reduction in size, freezing, canning, and dehydration, minimal processing, and sustainability are some of the processes used in fruit & vegetable processing.
Get a Free Sample PDF of this Research Report for more Insights with a Table of Content, Research Methodology, and Graphs -
(A free sample of this report is available upon request; please contact us for more information.)
Our Free Sample Report Consists of the Following:
- Introduction, Overview, and in-depth industry analysis are all included in the 2022 updated report.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Impact Analysis is included in the package
- About 215+ Pages Research Report (Including Recent Research)
- Provide detailed chapter-by-chapter guidance on Request
- Updated Regional Analysis with Graphical Representation of Size, Share, and Trends for the Year 2022
- Includes Tables and figures have been updated
- The most recent version of the report includes the Top Market Players, their Business Strategies, Sales Volume, and Revenue Analysis
- Facts and Factors research methodology
(Please note that the sample of this report has been modified to include the COVID-19 impact study prior to delivery.)
| Report Attribute || Details |
| Market Size in 2021 || USD 310 Billion |
| Projected Market Size in 2028 || USD 530 Billion |
| CAGR Growth Rate || 7.5% CAGR |
| Base Year || 2021 |
| Forecast Years || 2022-2028 |
| Key Market Players || Kraft Heinz Company, Syntegon Technology GmbH, DelmMonte Foods, Inc., GFA Group AG, Greencore Group plc, Conagra Brands, Inc., Olam International Limited, JBT Corporation, The Buhler Holding AG, and GEA Gropu AG., among others |
| Key Segment || By Form, Type of Product, Technology, Processing Systems, Type of Equipment, Operation, and Region |
| Major Regions Covered || North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa |
| Purchase Options || Request customized purchase options to meet your research needs. |
Global Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market: Dynamics
- Market growth is to be driven by an increase in the demand for convenience food products
The dominant force managing the demand for the global fruit & vegetable processing market is the increasing need for processed food for various benefits across the developed world. Moreover, the global consumer shift toward prepared food is accelerating, fueling the market. Furthermore, changing consumer dietary habits around the world, as well as the growing need to limit the expansion of natural microbial populations through chemical methods such as cleaning and sanitization, are expected to significantly drive the growth of the global market. Certain constraints exist that will impede the overall market growth. Food recall incidents, combined with a complex supply chain and high inventory financing costs, are limiting the market growth.
- Food recalls are expected to stifle market growth
Difficulties encountered by processing units and makers include high capital investments for equipment and stringent regulations to ensure product safety, which are potential restraints hindering the overall growth of the global fruit & vegetable processing market.
- Vegan food products are in high demand, creating new opportunities
In recent years, plant-based meat substitutes have gained popularity. The global market for plant-based alternatives is estimated to reach USD 84 million. Plant-based food makers are aiming to capitalize on the utilization of fruits & vegetables, pulses & legumes; they are also contemplating fruit-based goods due to their improved functioning and nutritional composition, which can result in flavor and sensory enhancements.
The COVID-19 pandemic is also accelerating the trend of eating plant-based cuisine in foreign marketplaces because it's healthful and economical.
Browse the full “Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market By Form (Fruit and Vegetable), By Type of Product (Canned, Dehydrated & Dried, Frozen, and Others), By Technology (Pulsed Electric Field Processing, High-Pressure Processing, and Microwave Processing), By Processing Systems (Large-Scale Processing, Intermediate-Scale Processing, and Small-Scale Processing), By Type of Equipment (Packaging & Handling, Seasoning, Fillers, Dewatering & Washing, Slicing/Peeling/Inspection, Pre-Processing Equipment, and Others), By Operation (Semi-Automatic and Automatic), and By Region - Global and Regional Industry Trends, Competitive Intelligence, Analysis of Data, Statistical Data, and Forecast 2022 - 2028” Report at
Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market: COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic is thought to have had a significant impact on the fruit and vegetable processing sector, which highlights the significance of eating in a way that is both safe and nutritious. During the COVID-19 outbreak, there was a significant threat to the preservation of food, as well as the safety and security of food.
A significant shift has occurred in consumer behavior in respect to the consumption of food, with a greater premium being placed on quality and safety. Because of these factors, manufacturers have been forced to evaluate the safety requirements of their products in order to increase the value that their products hold in the marketplace.
Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market: Segmentation Analysis
The global fruit & vegetable processing market is segmented on the basis of type, type of product, technology, processing systems, type of equipment, operation, and region.
Type Segment Analysis
- By type, the market is divided into fruit products and vegetable products. The fruit product category is further sub-divided into fruit syrup, fruit juice powder, dried fruit, candied fruits, pasteurized mash, frozen fruit pulp, fruit cheese, pasteurized fruit, fruit jellies, jam, frozen fruit, and others.
- The vegetable products category is sub-divided into a vegetable sauce, biological canned vegetables, marinated vegetables, sterilized vegetables, pasteurized vegetables, concentrated vegetable juice, vegetable juice, frozen vegetables, and others.
- The vegetable products category is expected to lead the global fruit & vegetable processing market in terms of revenue contribution during the forecast period.
Type of Product Segment Analysis
- By type of product, the market is divided into canned, dehydrated & dried, frozen, and others.
- Because of the rising demand for canned fruits and vegetables in both developing and developed countries, particularly for fresh-cut canned products, the canned segment is anticipated to account for the majority of market share over the forecast period.
Technology Segment Analysis
- By technology, the market is divided into Pulsed Electric Field (PEF) processing, High-Pressure Processing (HPP), and microwave processing.
- Due to the increasing use of HPP technology for processing jams and related items in order to maintain the original fruit flavor, the HPP segment is projected to dominate in terms of revenue contribution to the market during the forecast period.
Processing Systems Segment Analysis
- By processing systems, the market is divided into large-scale processing, intermediate-scale processing, and small-scale processing.
- Due to its rising use by small-scale farmers for sale or personal use in domestic or local markets places, the small-scale processing segment is estimated to hold the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
Directly Purchase a copy of the report with TOC @
Some of the main competitors dominating the global fruit & vegetable processing market include -
- Kraft Heinz Company
- Syntegon Technology GmbH
- DelmMonte Foods Inc.
- GFA Group AG
- Greencore Group plc
- Conagra Brands Inc.
- Olam International Limited
- JBT Corporation
- The Buhler Holding AG
- GEA Gropu AG
Key Insights from Primary Research :
- According to the analysis shared by our research analyst, the Fruit & Vegetable Processing market is projected to exceed at a CAGR of around 7.5% during the forecast period.
- In term of revenue, the Fruit & Vegetable Processing market was worth at around US$ 310 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach US$ 530 billion, by 2028.
- By type of product, due to increased demand for canned fruits and vegetables in developing and developed countries, especially fresh-cut items, the canned sector is expected to account for the bulk of market share over the projection period.
- By technology, the HPP sector is expected to lead in terms of revenue contribution to the market during the forecast period, owing to the rising use of HPP technology for processing jams and related items in order to preserve the natural fruit flavour.
- On the basis of region, the Asia Pacific is reported to witness the highest revenue growth rate.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What is the market size and growth rate forecast for Fruit & Vegetable Processing industry?
- What is the main driving factors propelling the Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market forward?
- What are the leading companies in the Fruit & Vegetable Processing Industry?
- What segments does the Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market cover?
- How can I receive a free copy of the Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market sample report and company profiles?
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Due to the expansion of the processed food & beverage sector and rising demand for fresh fruits & vegetables, the Asia-Pacific region dominates the global fruit & vegetable processing market in terms of revenue, with a 33% market share. The government's preference for producing fruits and vegetables over grains in this region for agricultural development aids market growth.
The government's measures to promote technological advances in this region are critical factors in the market's growth. North America is also expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- January 2020: Agrana invested more than USD 4.5 million in R&D, with USD 3.2 million going toward a new fruit preparation development center in Mitry-Mory, France. The remaining funds will be used to expand the Austrian Research Center in Tulln. This will allow the company to develop new products and gain a competitive advantage over its competitors.
- August 2020: SVZ International introduced New Gold Kiwi Puree, a tropically sweet cross between a strawberry and a mango. It is used in a variety of products, including dairy, smoothies, and ice cream. This is expected to strengthen SVZ's existing product portfolio, contributing to market growth.
Request for Customization on this Report as per your requirements -
(We tailor your report to meet your specific research requirements. Inquire with our sales team about customising your report.)
The global fruit & vegetable processing market is segmented as follows:
By Type of Product
- Dehydrated & Dried
- Pulsed Electric Field Processing
- High-Pressure Processing
- Microwave Processing
By Processing Systems
- Large-Scale Processing
- Intermediate-Scale Processing
- Small-Scale Processing
By Type of Equipment
- Packaging & Handling
- Dewatering & Washing
- Pre-Processing Equipment
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
To know an additional revised 2022 list of market players, request a sample report:
Browse Other Related Research Reports from Facts & Factors:
Citrus Powder Market Report 2022-2028
Soy Protein Ingredients Market Report 2022–2028
Apple Cider Vinegar Market Report 2022–2028
Food Enzymes Market Report 2022–2028
Frozen Bakery Products Market Report 2022 – 2028
Food Anti-Caking Agents Market Report 2022–2028
About Facts & Factors:
Facts & Factors is a leading market research organization offering industry expertise and scrupulous consulting services to clients for their business development. The reports and services offered by Facts and Factors are used by prestigious academic institutions, start-ups, and companies globally to measure and understand the changing international and regional business backgrounds.
Our client's/customer's conviction on our solutions and services has pushed us in delivering always the best. Our advanced research solutions have helped them in appropriate decision-making and guidance for strategies to expand their business.
Follow Us on LinkedIn:
Follow Us on Twitter:
Follow Us on Facebook:
USA: +1 347 690-0211
United Kingdom: +44 2032 894158
Japan: +81 50 5806 9039
India: +91 96043 17127
Tags Fruit & Vegetable Processing Vegetable Processing Fruit Processing Fruit & Vegetable Related Links
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing Market
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing Industry
- Dietary Supplements Market
- Telehealth Market
- Virtual Reality In Healthcare Market
- Digital Transformation Consulting Market
- Athletic Footwear Market
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market
- Metal Stamping Market
- Quartz Market
- Propionic Acid Market
- Portable Generator Market
- Polyolefins Market
- Polymer Foam Market
- Website Builder Software Market
- Synthetic Ropes Market
- Synthetic Leather Market
- Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) Market
- Specialty Pulp and Paper Chemicals Market
- Wrinkle Fillers Market