Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Mar 22, 2022, 06:26 /Comserve / -- Telecom Tower Market Opportunities, Size, Share, Emerging Trends, Technological Innovation, Forecasts & Regional Analysis (Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East)
Telecom Tower Market: Overview
- A telecommunication tower is a structure that holds antennas and receivers that are required for services such as wireless communication and data transfer. Telecommunication services are a key driving force for socio-economic development globally.
- The telecommunication tower plays a vital role in the operation of mobile services. The tower transmits signals to the mobile device and hence, is an indispensable part of the mobile network.
- The telecom tower enables efficient long-distance communication as well as accommodates an increasing number of devices and the rising volume of data that is being transferred simultaneously
- The tower design is selected depending up on required height, location, environment, and weight of the tower
Download Sample of This Strategic Report:
Expansion of Telecom Network in Remote Areas to Drive Telecom Tower Market
- Demand for radio communication and mobile airwaves has increased significantly across the world due to the advent of mobile telephony. This has boosted the demand for large-scale worldwide network of telecom towers, from cities to remote areas. For instance, as per the Government of India, approximately 554,000 villages were covered with mobile services as of 2018 . Furthermore, in the same year, telecom service providers also announced a plan to install 57,559 towers for mobile services in rural areas in India during financial year 2019–2020.
- Increase in subscriber base and tele-density, especially in rural areas, is a major factor that encourages investment in the development of telecom infrastructure. According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, India attracted FDI inflows worth US$ 37.05 billion in the telecom sector during April 2000 to June 2019.
- The potential for installation of ground mounted towers is high in the remote areas, owing to availability of land and less human population. Thus, expansion of telecom networks is anticipated to fuel the demand for telecom towers in the near future.
Environmental Impact of Telecom Towers to Hamper Telecom Tower Market
- Rise in urbanization and globalization has increased the demand for telecommunication activities globally. Installation of telecom towers is rising in urban as well rural areas for good connectivity and uninterrupted communication.
- In urban areas, telecom towers are installed on the ground or either on rooftops that are in the vicinity of humans, animals, and birds leaving around
- The telecom tower emits electromagnetic radiation (EMR) that affects humans and the wildlife in multiple ways. Radiation may cause a decline of animal population and deterioration of health of plants living near the radiation sources
- Large number of telecom towers are mounted near schools, hospitals, residential and office buildings to provide good mobile phone coverage to users. These cell towers transmit radiation 24x7; therefore, people living within 100 meters of the tower are likely to receive 10,000 to 10,000,000 times stronger signal than required for mobile communication. Such high radiation zones have a harmful impact on the environment.
- Thus, the environmental impact of telecom towers is likely to hamper the telecom tower market in the near future
Download Sample of This Strategic Report:
Expansion of Telecom Sector to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Telecom Tower Market
- Telecommunication towers play an important role in emergency and everyday communications. Telephones, radios, and television signals rely on telecom towers for smooth functioning. Several employees, including emergency responders, police personnel, and hospital workers, rely on telecom towers for steady communication, which is vital to carry out their work.
- On an average, around 20,000 new base stations are deployed annually across the globe. These cater to 400 million new mobile subscribers around the world. The transition to 5G is expected to increase the demand for new telecom tower sites across the globe.
- Voice and video conferencing has created a wave of transformation in telecommunication services. Hence, telecom retailers are increasing the number of tower installations for enhanced connectivity.
- 5G technology and cloud computing are paving the way for the adoption of new technologies in the telecommunications market. Rise in demand for high-speed connectivity and fast protocols for data transfer are estimated to offer significant opportunities for the telecom tower market during the coming years.
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Global Telecom Tower Market
- On March 05, 2020, Phoenix Tower International (PTI) acquired 197 wireless communication tower sites from Tower Ventures Holdings, LLC located throughout the U.S. Ownership of these 197 wireless communication towers solidifies PTI's position as a premiere private tower company in the Americas.
- In December 2019, Phoenix Tower International (PTI), acquired 1,408 towers in Ecuador and 1,046 towers in Colombia from Telefonica. This acquisition would expand the company's presence in Ecuador and reinforce PTI's position as a leading tower company in Colombia. Furthermore, it is projected to strengthen ties between PTI and Telefonica. The company presently is estimated to own and operate over 7,000 towers across Latin America.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Telecom Tower Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly lucrative region of the global telecom tower market during the forecast period. The telecom tower market in the region is estimated to expand at a significant pace between 2020 and 2030, due to the significant investments in the telecommunications sector. Rise in urbanization and globalization in the region is anticipated to fuel the demand for telecom towers in the near future.
- Investments in Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G technologies have been increasing in Asia Pacific. This is expected to boost the demand for telecom towers in the region.
Moderately Fragmented Telecom Tower Market
- The global telecom tower market is moderately fragmented. Various international and local players operate in the global telecom tower market.
- Key players operating in the global telecom tower market are
- Bharti Infratel Limited
- Helios Towers Africa
- American Tower Corporation
- SBA Communications Corporation
- AT&T Inc.
- GTL Infrastructure Ltd
- T-Mobile Towers
- Phoenix Tower International
- Crown Castle International Corporation
- China Tower Corporation
Telecom Tower Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global telecom tower market to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for growth of the global telecom tower market in order to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global telecom tower market would expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global telecom tower market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. The study also elaborates on the significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global telecom tower market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global telecom tower market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Units).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global telecom tower market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global telecom tower market, wherein various development, expansions, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in the Report on Telecom Tower Market
The report provides detailed information about the global telecom tower market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which tower segment of the global telecom tower market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the global telecom tower market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global telecom tower market between 2019 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global telecom tower market?
Research Methodology – Telecom Tower Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global telecom tower market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global telecom tower market.
For More Information: Telecom Tower Market
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global telecom tower market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global telecom tower market.
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.