(MENAFN- The Peninsula) The Peninsula Online
Face masks play an important role in preventing infection against COVID-19 infections, including the Omicron variant if used properly, the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) said.
For best results, people should wear medical masks as they are more effective than cloth masks in preventing infection. They should have:
• 3 layers to provide good protection against outside particles
• An internal wire across the nose to allow a close fit with no air leaks from the sides
- Embassies highlight books on culture, tourism during DIBF
- Culture Minister: DIBF a great opportunity to promote reading
- All recent COVID-19 deaths in Qatar among unvaccinated: Senior health official
Those at high risk of severe COVID-19
For those at high risk for severe diseases such as older people and those with chronic diseases, they should wear an N95 or KN95 mask when they are outside or near other people.
These masks use multiple layers of synthetic material to provide high levels of protection against outside particles.
When are people required to wear a mask?
• To ensure the health and safety of the population and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the wearing of masks is mandatory in all closed and open public settings.
•The only exceptions are for children under 6 years old (although it is safe for children above 2 years of age to wear a mask) and people performing sport and exercise in open spaces.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.