(MENAFN- The Conversation) Associate Director of Future Technologies, Deakin University Profile Articles Activity
Nick Patterson is an Associate Director of Future Technologies at RMIT University, where he is responsible for providing strategic leadership that drives growth and engagement.
My expertise is underpinned by a PhD in cyber security which was awarded the Alfred Deakin medal and I also have a range of advanced micro-credentials in Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Communication, Teamwork, Data Analytics, Innovation, Digital Literacy and Digital Learning.
I thrive on the challenge of explaining complex theory and practice to diverse audiences which has been formally recognised with three awards for teaching excellence in 2016/2017 and 2018.
You can view one of my free online cyber security course at Experience
- 2014–present Senior lecturer, Deakin University
- 2019 Deakin University, Digital Literacy Advanced
- 2018 ISACA, Cyber Security Nexus (CSX)
- 2018 Blockchain Council, Certified Blockchain Expert
- 2017 Deakin University, Innovation Advanced
- 2017 Deakin University, Communication Advanced
- 2013 Deakin University, PhD
- 2019 An Improved Authentication Scheme for Internet of Vehicles Based on Blockchain Technology,
- 2017 A cyber-threat analytic model for autonomous detection of virtual property theft,
Grants and Contracts
- 2018 Improving student engagement through the integration of emerging and future technologies in education Role: Researcher Funding Source: Deakin University
- 2017 Developing a platform to support virtual reality 'learning atoms' for teaching and learning in higher education Role: Researcher Funding Source: Deakin University
- 2017 Supporting older people with increased access to work through Deakin Professional Credentials Role: Project Manager Funding Source: Lord Mayors Charitable Foundation
- Australian Information Security Association
Alfred Deakin Medalist and Deakin Award for Teaching Excellence in 2016/17/18/19
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.