(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 04:50 /Comserve / -- Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market was valued at USD 80.68 billion in 2019. It is expected to reach a value of USD 110.62 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 5.44% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The increasing adoption of microcontroller and memory ICs in automobile electronics and the growing application of memory storage chips in electronic devices is one of the significant factors driving DRAM products' demand. Further, rising demand for consumer electronics led to DRAM being a considerably low cost and high-performance option. With DRAM being used in wearable gadgets, like smartwatches, the allied production capacities are expected to continue to grow.
- DRAM has witnessed significant developments as it moved its applications beyond personal computers and mobile devices into servers, automotive, and cloud applications. Such diversification is expected to drive the market studied, over the forecast period.
- Server Memory, for instance, has witnessed increased demands with data center loads rising. Multiple new constructions globally and increasing capacities to the exciting centers have led significant attention from the market vendors. In 2020, SK Hynix announced roadmap details to accompany its Q1 earnings. It shared plans on developing 1ynm mobile DRAM, LPDDR5 DRAM, and 64GB server DRAM product sales.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Automotive Segment to Drive the Market Growth
- The automotive segment leads to a significant boost to DRAM productions. The Driver Awareness Systems (ADAS) and self-driving vehicle systems have been increasingly demanding processors that require the memory capacity and bandwidth only possible with DRAM. Thus, the market landscape has been required to adhere to safety-critical automotive systems, as well as common concerns regarding error rates and meeting stringent automotive standards such as ISO 26262.
- Similarly, in October 2019, Intelligent Memory expanded its DRAM line with a new series of LPDDR4(X) devices with integrated ECC (error correction code) capabilities. The LPDDR4 and LPDDR4X memory, thus, run at very high speeds with very low operating voltages and power consumption. With design operability featuring higher temperature ranges up to 125°C and being AEC-Q100-qualified, it is made suitable for automotive applications.
- Also, significant demand across in-vehicle infotainment systems and ultra-high-speed in-vehicle connectivity drove Valens and Micron to collaborate. Therefore, the partnership aims to develop automotive platforms to fulfill the needs of autonomous, advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) as well as next-gen in-vehicle infotainment systems.
- With overall sales of electric vehicles (EVs) growing, the EEI reported that as of September 2019, over 1.3 million electric vehicles were on U.S. roads. Significant quantities of DRAM, NAND flash, and SSD storage are used in modern automobiles, thus contributing to the growth of the market studied, over the forecast period. Additional supportive government regulations in favor of the global electric vehicle market are further augmenting the demand for DRAM.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- The booming Asia-Pacific semiconductor market contributes to a major portion of the market studied. The semiconductor or memory IC industry is responsible for the significant growth of the Asia-Pacific economy. Also, governmental support, especially in China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, the regional vendors have been increasing their production capacities to meet the increasing global demand for DRAM.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- For instance, in June 2020, ChangXin amongst a handful of other Chinese chipmakers explored DRAM production with CNY 15 billion as an investment in the campaign. ChangXin Memory Technologies Inc.'s domestic DRAM production reached the market in May 2020. Also, a flash storage producer, Shenzhen Longsys Electronics Co. Ltd., announced that ChangXin's chips passed related tests and would equip three of its storage products.
- Whereas, back in September 2019, Tsinghua Unigroup sought after an investment of CNY 800 billion across ten years for DRAM manufacturing. Such increased domestic production activity is likely to challenge the existing market shares of Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, to name a few.
- On the vendor front, early 2019 saw SK Hynix had completed the expansion of its dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) manufacturing plant in Wuxi, China. As of November 2019, TSMC and UMC planned on expanding facilities in China concerning wafer-based productions.
The competitive rivalry in the Dynamic Random Access Memory is high owing to the presence of many key players, continually trying to gain maximum market share. Some of the major players are Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, Winbond, and many more. Their ability to continually innovate the products by investing heavily in R & D has enabled them to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
1.1 Study Deliverables and Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the DRAM Industry (Reduced Capital Expenditure, Result in a More Balanced Market, etc.)
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
Request For Full Report >> Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.