(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 07:02 /Comserve / -- Personal Care Packaging Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The personal care packaging market was valued at USD 24.49 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach a value of USD 31.9 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.78% during the forecast period from 2020 to 2025. Personal care packaging is essential for the beauty and cosmetic industry since it adds to the visual appeal and contributes to increasing the aesthetic value of the product. Thus, many players are continually investing in visually attractive packaging for hair care, skincare, deodorants, etc.
- Cosmetic packaging is a significant part of the personal care packaging market. The packaging in the cosmetic industry has grown significantly in recent years. The cosmetic industry has the most varied packaging requirements of all the other sectors. The materials used vary from different metals, glass, paper, and plastics, and these materials are used to make containers with different shapes and sizes and dispensing mechanisms.
- Plastic, in the form of primary containers, secondary flexible pouches, caps and closures, and nozzles, is one of the primary packaging materials used by the cosmetic industry. The plastic tube is one of the significant containers in the cosmetic industry. It can store liquid-solid and semi-solid materials and dispense products in the controlled proportions. Also, tubes can provide better contamination protection, when compared to other containers.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Hair Care is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- Haircare brands use packaging to their advantage, both in the salon and beyond. Haircare for the retail segment is highly competitive, and hair care brands are relying on packaging differentiation to forge a connection with consumers. Most of the haircare brands experiment with the interplay of matte and gloss printing techniques and are increasingly incorporating sensory elements into their packaging. The use of treatment oils for added heat styling protection, imparting shine, or decreasing frizz has led to the increased use of dropper packaging as a dosing and precision application method.
- Many Japanese beauty giants are keen to push forward their presence in Europe. For instance, Kao's haircare brand based in Tokyo, Guhl, is tapping into rising demand for sustainable products. Guhl, a Kao-owned hair care player, available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands, has launched a new sustainable packaging, meaning its shampoo bottles now consist of 50% recycled Polyethylene terephthalate (rPET). Moreover, the conditioner bottles used were made of 100% polypropylene (PP) and therefore were fully recyclable.
- Haircare products also use jar packaging. Different jars such as double wall jars, single wall jars, acrylic jars, and metal shelled jars to create an elegant appearance with hair care products. These jars can easily hold large volumes of gels, creams, waxes, balms pastes, or pomades. Similarly, low profile jars of glass and plastic are suitable for travel-sized packaging or high-end creams, lotions, and gels. In 2019, P & G owned a haircare brand; Herbal Essences partnered with TerraCycle to create a recyclable shampoo and conditioner bottle made with 25% beach plastic. Herbal Essences unveils beach plastic hair care packaging.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- The United States is a leading cosmetics, personal care products, and fragrances market. According to a study commissioned by the Brazilian Association of the Personal Hygiene, Perfumery and Cosmetics Industry in 2018, the United States was the most valuable cosmetics industry in the globe generating a revenue of USD 89.5 billion. The cosmetics market in the country has been dominated by players like L'Oréal, Unilever, Procter & Gamble Co., and other leading players. Similarly, the cosmetic packaging landscape in the country is consolidated with a few significant players like Albea SA, AptarGroup, Inc., etc.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- The United States' personal care market is experiencing a growing demand for premiumization in line with the global trend. This, in turn, is driving demand for innovative and premium packaging. For instance, Estée Lauder, in the recent past, launched the Bobbi Brown Art Stick Liquid Lip in a new color cosmetic container that offers convenience in the way liquid lipstick is applied. This overall premiumization is driving upscale packaging in glass and specialty cosmetic containers. In sync with the premiumization demands and intense focus on innovative and decorative packaging, Apatar Group Inc. acquired Fusion Packaging to expand its portfolio of differentiated design and decorative offerings for the cosmetics segment.
- The United States is also experiencing an increased use of e-commerce channels for the procurement of personal care products by consumers. While the share of online sales remains low, it is expected to grow during the forecast period.
The personal care packaging market is highly fragmented, as many players are present across the key regions. The presence of several medium and small scale manufacturers on a global and regional level, are keeping the market at high rivalry position. The market is witnessing various mergers and partnerships as well. Key players include Amcor PLC, AptarGroup Inc., Gerresheimer AG, Albea SA, Silgan Holdings Inc., etc.
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact due to COVID-19 on the Personal Care Packaging Market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Increasing Consumption of Personal Care Products With Growing Disposable Income
4.5.2 Growing Focus on Innovative and Attractive Packaging
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 High Costs of R & D and Manufacturing of New Packaging Solution
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report >> Personal Care Packaging Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.