(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 09:08 /Comserve / -- Asia Pacific Blister Packaging Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The Asia-Pacific Blister Packaging Market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The outbreak of new diseases, growth in regulatory norms, focus on population health management, inventions, more informed customers, and growth in OTC drugs, have augmented the growth of blister packaging in the region.
- Increasing pressure on pharmaceutical companies to manufacture more medicines to be made available for patients, owing to a rise in diseases and stringent governmental regulations against counterfeit drugs, are among the major factors propelling the market.
- Moreover, factors like product integrity and extended shelf life are highly necessary for the pharmaceutical sector, considering that most consumers store their drugs in a temperature variant atmosphere that can be harmful to unprotected medicines.
- There is also a growing demand for pharmaceutical and personal care products in the region where considerable consumer expenditure is increasing for both pharmaceutical and personal care products. Products, such as capsules, lozenges, sterile products, and liquid cosmetics like perfumes
- In the pharmaceutical industry, blister packaging offers a wide range of solutions: among these are PVC, PCTFE, PVDC, and thermoform blisters for less sensitive products or Alu-Alu cold form blisters for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) that are more sensitive. However, unsuitability for heavy items coupled with stringent regulation in developing countries is anticipated to restrain the market growth.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Sector to Account for a Major Share
- The Asia Pacific is the third-largest pharmaceutical market in the world after North America and Europe. The healthcare and pharmaceutical sector poses a different set of demands for the blister packaging solutions, regarding insulation from external surroundings, high levels of protection, cost-effectiveness, and ease of handling.
- When drugs are packaged in blisters, adherence is improved because consumers can keep track of their medications and dosing. Moreover, the unit dosage feature of blisters reduces the risk of incorrect dosing.
- The retail-level preparation of prescription drugs is troubling pharmacists or pharmaceutical technicians. The administration of medicines in the open atmosphere of the supermarket and drug store can negatively affect sensitive drugs when they are transferred from container to container. Blister packaging can ensure the process of distribution directly to the customer.
- Protecting product integrity remains the primary goal of pharmaceutical healthcare packaging. Still, as in all areas of the packaging industry, there is continued work on cost reduction in the packaging process. Moreover, blister packed medicines can prove to be very helpful for the transportation of medicines over long distances.
China to Hold a Significant Share
- The pharmaceutical and healthcare industry holds the dominant share of the blister packaging market in the region, particularly China, as China is the world's one of the largest pharmaceutical market and a strategic priority for most global players. The country is the largest producer of an active pharmaceutical ingredient in the world. The consumer goods sector is also expected to contribute a significant market share over the forecast period.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- According to the China Chamber of Commerce, in 2019, China exported 10.12 million tonnes of APIs, up 8.83% year-on-year. China exports APIs to 189 countries and regions, mainly in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Blister packaging also provides the possibility to create a compliance pack or calendar pack by labeling the prescription, to which patients can easily adhere. Further, China's massive investments in building up the pipeline of medicines and future drugs can be perceived as an excellent opportunity for the growth of blister packaging in the country.
The Asia-Pacific blister packaging market is moderately concentrated. Some of the key players in the market include Uflex Limited, Amcor Flexible India Pvt Ltd., and Getpac India. Players in the market adopt multiple strategic initiatives such as partnerships, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions to grow and compete. Some of the recent developments are:
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
Request For Full Report >> Asia Pacific Blister Packaging Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.