(MENAFN- Daily Forex)
- Markets are trending strongly in several key areas, making this an interesting time for traders to be involved.
- WTI Crude Oil November futures are trading near $81, having made a new 7-year high above $81. The strength of this breakout continues and it is likely prices will rise further over the coming days.
- In the Forex market, the USD/JPY has continued to advance through today's Asian session after Friday's strong showing, reaching as high as 112.72 – a 2.5-year high. This is due mostly to weakness in the Japanese yen, and we are likely to see the price continue to rise over the short term. The EUR/USD currency pair is also in a downwards trend but is not showing bearish momentum right now.
- Cryptocurrencies are advancing firmly, with Bitcoin close to a new 5-month high as it trades above $56k.
- Global stock markets are mixed, with north American markets looking flat while Asian markets rose strongly during Monday's session. The Japanese Nikkei 225 Index is up by 1.52% while the Chinese HSI is up by 2.38%.
- The US dollar suffered a disappointing non-farm payrolls release last Friday despite an optimistic prediction, leaving the US Dollar Index closing flat on the week. Only 194k new jobs were created in September compared to the anticipated 490k.
- The Bank of England is continuing to signal a rate hike is close on inflation concern, and this is probably helping to hold up the British pound somewhat.
- It is a bank holiday today in the USA and in Canada .
- Last week saw the seventh consecutive weekly fall in global new confirmed coronavirus cases.
- It is estimated that 46.5% of the world's population has received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccination.
- Total confirmed new coronavirus cases worldwide stand at over 238.6 million with an average case fatality rate of 2.04%.
- The rate of new coronavirus infections appears to now be increasing most quickly in Armenia, Australia , Barbados, Bulgaria, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, New Zealand, Romania, Russia, Singapore , Slovakia, and the Ukraine.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.