(MENAFN- Bangladesh Monitor) Dhaka : Indian full-service airline Vistara has announced Vinod Kannan as the airline's next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) effective from January 1, 2022.
Vistara's former CEO, Leslie Thng, will return to Singapore Airlines in 2022, as a senior executive.
Before joining Vistara, Kannan was a part of Singaporean low-cost airline Scoot for two years and served Singapore Airlines for almost 15 years.
"Leslie has led the airline through a significant phase, with the start of international operations and the entry into service of various aircraft including the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner," said Bhaskar Bhat, Vistara's chairman in a statement. "Vinod (Kannan) will lead Vistara in its next phase of growth, building on the strong foundation laid by Leslie."
Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA), with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51 per cent in the airline and SIA holding the remaining 49 per cent.
Vistara operates a fleet of 45 aircraft, including 36 Airbus A320s, three Airbus A321s, four Boeing 737s, and two Boeing 787 Dreamliners.
Vistara is an Indian full-service airline, based in Gurgaon, with its hub at Indira Gandhi International Airport. The carrier, a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines, commenced operations on January 9, 2015 with its inaugural flight between Delhi and Mumbai.
As of June 2021, Vistara serves 37 destinations across 9 countries.
On 6 August 2019, the airline launched its first international flight from Delhi to Singapore using a Boeing 737-800NG aircraft which was earlier used by Jet Airways.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.