Twitter’s verification process has been somewhat tricky and troublesome. There have been several changes in the social network. However, Twitter has again announced that they are accepting requests for account verification.
The “verified” Twitter account tweeted,“We are re-implementing access to request a blue badge. If you’re planning to apply and still do not have access. Keep checking your account settings.” The new application will improve the“Application Flow and Review Process”. However, it seems that the company has understood from the mistakes they made in July. A new application process was enabled in May of this year. Under the condition that strict requirements be met.
What is the process to apply?
- Step 1 – Go to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option from the menu on the left. Tap on ‘Account’ to access the account settings.
- Step 2 – Tap on the ‘Request Verification’ button. It directs you to the verification page. You can choose the appropriate category for your account.
- Step 3 – Choose a verification method. You will be asked to upload a government-issued ID. Or add an official business email address or an official website that directly gives a reference to your Twitter account.
- Step 4 – Submit the documents. You will see a confirmation text on the screen.
What are the requirements?
- Applicants must note the website is verified with references to the user's name and Twitter handle.
- In terms of followers, companies, brands, and organisations applying as activists or influential individuals must have a high follower count. Preferably, from the same geographic area, one should have 5% of active followers.
- Journalists applying for Twitter Blue badge or tick on the profile must link to their specific page and bio, or to articles that carry their references.
- If you’re an independent or freelance journalist interested in applying you should provide links to three articles you’ve published in reputable publications in the last six months.
If your application for Twitter verification gets denied. Likewise, you can reapply to get a verified account after 30 days of rejection.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.