(MENAFN- PR Newswire) LAS VEGAS, Sept. 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's " Adult Myopia Market " report provides a thorough comprehension of the Adult Myopia historical and forecasted epidemiology and the Adult Myopia market trends in the 7MM [the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan]. The Adult Myopia market report also proffers an analysis of the current Adult Myopia treatment algorithm/practice, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs.
Some of the necessary takeaways from the Adult Myopia Market Research Report
- Several key pharmaceutical companies, including Genentech, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and others, are developing novel products to improve the Adult Myopia treatment outlook.
- The rapid development of the modern economy, industrialization, and improved living standards have all affected the occurrence and Myopia prevalence in recent years.
- Ranibizumab was the first approved anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody for ocular indications.
- The treatment landscape of adult myopia is devoid of pharmacological therapies and comprises devices and surgical interventions creating space for novel therapeutic options which could overcome the hurdles associated with currently available interventions.
- Of the emerging therapies, the most anticipated product to get approval is Atropine for adults and is expected to create a positive shift and drive the Adult Myopia market during the forecast period (2018–2030).
- Over the years, there has been an overall increase in awareness regarding myopia among the masses due to the rapid increase in cases globally. Improved awareness will reduce the overall disease burden by improving screening, prevention, and management of disease and, therefore, will prove indispensable to public health programs for myopia.
For further information on Market Impact by Therapies, visit: Adult Myopia Drugs Market Analysis
Myopia is an eye disorder where light focuses in front of, instead of on, the retina. It is becoming a global epidemic and imposes a significant public health burden.
DelveInsight estimates that the total Adult Myopia prevalent population in 7MM was estimated to be 213,211,282 cases in 2020. Also, it was observed that the condition affected males and females equally.
The Adult Myopia Market Analysis Report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiological analysis segmented into:
- Total Adult Myopia Prevalent Population
- Prevalence of Myopic Choroidal Neovascularization
Get a complete epidemiological segmentation breakdown @ Adult Myopia Epidemiological Analysis
Adult Myopia Treatment Market
Current treatment options for control of myopia progression include the optical correction . The current standard-of-care and by far the most successful and least destructive treatment is the blockage of ocular Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) using the intravitreal drugs ranibizumab ("Lucentis," Genentech Roche/Novartis), aflibercept ("Eylea" Regeneron/ Bayer), or off-label bevacizumab ("Avastin" Genentech/Roche).
Out of these, ranibizumab is a Fab fragment of a humanized monoclonal antibody against VEGF-A and is the first approved anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody for ocular indications. Aflibercept is the second intravitreal anti-VEGF drug approved for Myopic choroidal neovascularization (mCNV). Bevacizumab , an anti-VEGF antibody developed and approved for several oncology indications, was used early for ocular indications and is now frequently applied by ophthalmologists as a cheap off-label alternative for neovascular retinal diseases.
Throughout the years, Atropine has been associated with myopia control. However, the eye drop has been sold off-label and used to control myopia progression. It is a non-selective antimuscarinic that acts via receptors in the retina, although the exact mechanism is unclear. There is no satisfactory effective method of prevention of refraction defects as of now. However, the current kind of therapy is aimed at limiting the defect, not preventing it. Hence, there is a need for further research to identify the more effective pharmaceutical and pharmacological therapies for refraction defects.
Adult Myopia Emerging Drugs
Despite many addressable patients with moderate-to-severe adult myopia, there is no FDA-approved treatment in the Adult Myopia market. Also, there has been a significant lack of effective emerging therapies in the pipeline at present. The only promising candidate on the horizon which is expected to hit the Adult Myopia market during the forecast period is Atropine . Pharmacological intervention for myopia control using high-dose Atropine slowed myopia progression in children aged 6–13 years over 1–2 years. Still, this intervention was associated with side effects, including pupil dilation, glare, and blurred vision. Lower doses of Atropine produce fewer side effects and can decrease myopia progression by 30–60%. A rebound in myopia progression was observed at higher doses and in younger children if Atropine was stopped abruptly. However, it is noteworthy that the FDA has not granted regulatory approval for the use of any pharmacological agents for Myopia.
Since the Adult Myopia market lacks approved therapies and the pipeline scenario is not encouraging enough; thus, Atropine is expected to create a positive shift and drive the Adult Myopia market during the forecast period (2018–2030).
Adult Myopia Market Dynamics
Efforts to educate patients and increase disease awareness are expected to lead to an overall increase in treatment rates. Although, a lack of clarity about the disease, effective guidelines, and a dearth of available treatment options are the major drawbacks for the adult myopia market. However, the unavailability of FDA-approved therapy in the Adult Myopia market is expected to pave the way for pharma players to come up with efficient and cost-effective management options.
Scope of the Adult Myopia Market Insight Report
- Geography Covered: The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Study Period: 3-year historical and 10-year forecasted analysis (2018-2030).
- Adult Myopia Markets Segmentation: By Geographies and By Adult Myopia Therapies (Historical and Forecasted, Current and Upcoming)
- Dominant Market Companies investigating its candidates for Adult Myopia: Genentech, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and many others.
- Analysis: Comparative and conjoint analysis of emerging therapies.
- Case Studies
- KOL's Views
- Analyst's View
Request for a Webex demo of the report @ Adult Myopia Therapeutics Market
Table of Contents
Adult Myopia Key Insights
Adult Myopia Report Introduction
Adult Myopia Market Overview at a Glance
Executive Summary of Adult Myopia
Adult Myopia Disease Background and Overview
Adult Myopia Epidemiology and Patient Population
Country Wise-Epidemiology of Adult Myopia
The United States
The United Kingdom
Control of Myopia
Organizations contributing towards Adult Myopia
Adult Myopia Patient Journey
Adult Myopia Marketed Therapies
EYLEA: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Adult Myopia Case Reports
Adult Myopia 7MM Market Analysis
The United States Adult Myopia Market Size
EU-5 Adult Myopia Market Size
Germany Market Size
France Market Size
Italy Market Size
Spain Market Size
The United Kingdom Market Size
Japan Adult Myopia Market Size
Adult Myopia Market Drivers
Adult Myopia Market Barriers
Adult Myopia SWOT Analysis
Adult Myopia Unmet Needs
Adult Myopia KOL Views
Browse full report with detailed TOC with charts, figures, tables @ Adult Myopia Diagnostics Market Report
View Other Reports
- Adult Myopia Epidemiology Forecast
DelveInsight's Adult Myopia - Epidemiology Forecast 2030 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology of Adult Myopia in the 7MM.
- Transdermal Drug Delivery Devices Market Insights & Competitive Landscape
DelveInsight's 'Transdermal Drug Delivery Devices Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast-2026' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the devices and & analysis of the competitive landscape. Key players involved in this market are Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, Mylan, UCB, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline , and others.
- Drug Hypersensitivity Market
DelveInsight's Drug Hypersensitivity Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
- Dupuytren's Disease Market
DelveInsight's Dupuytren's Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
DelveInsight's Dysthymia Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
DelveInsight's Eczema - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology.
Browse Blog Posts
- Explore Cost-effectiveness, Advanced Technology, Rising Demand that Pushes the Insulin Delivery Devices Market
- Read FemTech Market : With 100+ Startups in the domain, Women Healthcare is Witnessing a Huge Upliftment
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Business Consulting Services with a credible market analysis that will help accelerate the business growth and overcome challenges with a practical approach.
Contact Us: Shruti Thakur [email protected] +1(919)321-6187
SOURCE DelveInsight Business Research, LLP