(MENAFN- Bangladesh Monitor) Dhaka: The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh today announced that the special flight operations currently effective to and from Bangladesh shall continue amid the ongoing lockdown till May 5.
The airlines of Bangladesh, Bahrain, China, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Singapore, Qatar and the UAE, who are already approved to operate flights under special considerations, shall continue their operations under the same instructions effective earlier.
The special conditions are as follows:
- Only point to point passengers of Bangladesh, Kuwait, China, Bahrain, KSA, Oman, Qatar, Singapore and UAE can be carried to/from Dhaka. Also, no passengers shall be carried to Dhaka from any where except the countries specified above.
- Irrespective of the Covid-19 vaccination, all incoming and outgoing passengers shall mandatorily possess 'PCR based Covid-19 negative certificate'. The PCR test must be done within 72 hours of the flight departure time.
- Inbound passengers who have received two doses of Covid-19 vaccine and carry the proof of vaccination are subjected to complete a 14-day home quarantine. Incoming passengers who have received the first dose of vaccine or not yet vaccinated shall have to complete a mandatory three-day institutional quarantine at government nominated facilities or at hotels on passengers' own expenses. Upon completion of three-day institutional quarantine, the passengers will be released to complete a total of 11 days of home quarantine if the PCR based Covid-19 test result is negative. In case of positive result of PCR based Covid-19 test, the passenger shall have to go for isolation at government nominated facilities at own expenses. The airlines concerned shall issue boarding passes to passengers only after getting confirmation of their vaccination status. Airlines must ensure that seats are available for the passengers at the government institutional quarantine facilities or the passengers have proof of hotel reservation for institutional quarantine.
- No capacity restriction for Narrow Bodied (Single aisle) aircraft. All Wide Bodied (Twin aisle) aircraft can carry a maximum of 280 passengers, except B777 and B747, they would be entitled to carry up to 350 passengers.
- In both the cases of Narrow-Body or Wide-Body aircraft, at least the last row of the economy class and one seat of business class cabin shall be kept vacant for any suspected Covid-19 positive passenger(s). Moreover, all health directives including disinfection, social distancing etc. procedure at the airport or in the aircraft shall strictly to be complied following the other directives of CAAB.
- It is expected that the airlines should charge usual airfare to the passengers as the capacity restriction for the fights are relaxed and the ground handling and other relevant charges will be imposed considering such flights as scheduled passenger flights.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.