(MENAFN - The Conversation) Candyce Kelshall has extensive experience as a diplomat, instructor, lecturer, entrepreneur, police advisor, reservist and academic. Candyce has trained military and law enforcement units in over 17 different countries, her teaching record demonstrates a passion for student success, and she captained multiple successful enterprises. Candyce is currently running three companies, a non-profit organization, and a research organization, all while teaching business, terrorism and counter-terrorism, and forensic information technology at two universities.
Candyce Kelshall recently completed a Simon Fraser University's Big Data Key initiative research grant on 'Predicting the Escalation to Violence using Social Media Postings of an Active Hate Group' with co-lead investigator with Dr. Ahmed Al Rawi and Professor Maite Taboada.
She currently teaches Information Technology Concepts for Forensics Investigations and serves as an industry subject matter expert and supervising graduate projects with the School of Computing and Academic Studies at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. She has been teaching and writing academic programs for the last 14 years at the University of Buckingham, UK; the University of Sussex, UK; Rabdan Academy, UAE; Simon Fraser University, Canada; and the British Columbia Institute for Technology, Canada. She has taught academic, professional, undergraduate, graduate, and vocational (police, law enforcement, military and intelligence programs in over 17 countries.
Her current research interests lie in the application of Structured Analytic Models, Approaches, and Techniques, Violent Transnational Social Movements and their role in the evolving nature of contemporary conflict, the normalization of extremist sentiment, and community and online based social and soft violence in contemporary social conflict.
She has written extensively for DefenceIQ (UK) and the UK Defence Academy on the changing nature of military and defence policy priorities given the emergence of identity based, state threats; The evolution of Fifth Generation Warfare and its implications on defence and police training; doctrine; policy and strategy, are also major areas of her academic focus. She has previously spoken at the Women in Data Science Conference, Vancouver 2020 on 'The Dangers of Predictive Policing and the Need for Proactive Data.'
- 2006present Director: Training & Evaluation Design, DA-UK
- 2017present President & Instructor, Assessor, and Creator of Executive Training Syllabus and Content, Canadian Association for Security and Intelligence Studies Vancouver
- 2020present Adjunct Professor, Buckingham Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies, University of Buckingham
- 2019present Lead Investigator and Director of Training Delivery, Canadian Centre for Identity-Based Conflict
- 2009present Fellow, Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies, University of Buckingham
- 2018present Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Intelligence, Conflict, and Warfare
- 2019present Chief Executive, AQ-IQ Proactive Analytics
- 2014present Chair, Centre for 5th Generation Warfare Studies
- 2006present Director: Training & Evaluation Design, DA-IC
- 2019present Undergraduate Lecturer, Forensic Science, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- 2020present Lecturer, Master of International Security, University of Buckingham
- 20162020 Adjunct Professor, School of Criminology, Simon Fraser University
- 20182019 Syllabus and Academic Content Creator, Policing Program, Rabdan Academy
- 20102016 Independent Advisor, Metropolitan Police Service
- 20072016 Independent Critical Incident Advisor, British Transport Police
- 20112016 Pathway Leader and Lecturer, International Study Center, University of Sussex
- 20092016 Faculty Lecturer, Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies, University of Buckingham
- 20112016 Lecturer, International Relations, University of Sussex
- 20052015 Sea Cadet Corps, Royal Navy Reserve
- 20032009 Ship and Port Security Officer Trainer, Blue Water Defence and Security
- 20032006 Director, TASK International Ltd.
- 20002003 Consultant to Government of Trinidad and Tobago & Diplomatic and Commercial Attaché to Court of St. James, High Commission for Trinidad and Tobago to UK
- 19972000 Diplomat - Head of Trade and Investment for Europe, High Commission for Trinidad and Tobago to UK
- 19961997 Lecturer, Trade & Development and Business Internationalism, London South Bank University Business School
- 1995 London Southbank University, M.Sc. International Business
- 1990 University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, B.Sc Hons. Government and Political Science
- 2020 Decoded: Understanding the Post-COVID-19 Security Landscape using Structured Models, Approaches, and Techniques,
- 2020 Re/Generation: Perspectives on COVID-19 from the African Continent,
- 2019 A Program to Educate on the Prevention and Reduction of Extremist Discourse Volume 1: Youth Educator Manual,
- 2019 A Constructivist Enquiry into the Problem of Piracy, Defense Security Brief
- 2019 Violent Transnational Social Movements and their Impact on Contemporary Social Conflict, Journal of Intelligence, Conflict, and Warfare
- 2019 Structured Analytical Techniques for Law Enforcement: Tradecraft Coursework and Table Top Exercises,
- 2018 Accountability and the Juxtaposition of Civil Society and Policing in a Period of Changing Norms: Using Independent Police Advisors, Journal of Intelligence Conflict and Warfare.
- 2018 Introduction to Structured Analytical Techniques for National Security Analysts: Tradecraft Coursework and Table top Exercises,
- 2018 Accidental Power: How Non-State Actors Hijacked Legitimacy and Re-Shaped the International System,
- 2016 The Military and the Post-Colonial State,
- 2013 Mutiny or Revolution,
- 2011 Armed Forces and Government,
- 2004 Radical Islam and LNG in Trinidad and Tobago, Energy Security
- 1993 The Spanish naval incursion on Trinidad, The Book of Trinidad
- 1993 History of the military in Trinidad and Tobago, The Book of Trinidad
Grants and Contracts
- 2019 Predicting the Escalation to Violence using Social Media Postings of an Active Hate Group Role: Lead Investigator Funding Source: Simon Fraser University
- Canadian Association for Security and Intelligence Studies
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- Institute of Training and Occupational Learning
- Royal Canadian Navy Canadian Leaders at Sea
- Oxford Intelligence Group, Nuffield College
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, Chevening Scholar, National Police Commendation, National Complementary Policing Award
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.