(MENAFN- Arab Times) KUWAIT CITY, Jan 13: An Italian couple claims a total of KD 4,000 have been stolen from their accounts by a fraudster, reports Al-Rai daily. In the first incident a 24-year-old Italian in her complaint with the local police station said she received a phone call from two numbers, one a local line and the other international number saying her account needs to be updated.
She added, the man claimed to be a financial manager of a bank in Italy and said a link has been established with her bank in Kuwait and asked for details of her account. She added, she swallowed the bait and after she finished giving all the information she needed, she discovered KD 2,500 had been stolen from her account.
In the second incident, the victim was her 26-year-old boyfriend who lost KD 1,500 in a similar way. A security source told the daily the deputy attorney general has ordered the registration of a bank fraud case and has referred the case to the Research and Investigation sector of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
Share on: WhatsApp
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.