(MENAFN - The Peninsula) The Peninsula
Excitement for the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019 has been building up with athletes from more than 213 countries starting to qualify and book their positions at the Khalifa International Stadium track and field from September 27 October 6, 2019.
Communities in Qatar have also been meeting and engaging with Falah the official event's mascot who has been going around the city of Doha inviting everyone to the pinnacle athletics event. Over 4000 volunteers from different countries have all been recruited and are going through intensive training to deliver a world-class event to athletics fans.
Everyone in Qatar is racing to buy their tickets to watch top athletes run, jump and throw at the state-of-the-art Khalifa International Stadium that features an innovative and sustainable cooling technology, creating a fantastic spectator experience.
Ticket packages for the widely anticipated IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019 are selling out fast to fans and families across the world. Avid athletics fans can select from an array of options which allow them to follow their champion, sit in traditional Arab cushioned Majlis seating or choose finish line seats (sold out). Whilst for those new to athletics, affordable taster options have been made available. Family and group discounts are also on offer for those looking to attend with their families or groups of friends or colleagues from work.
Ticket Prices and Category/Type
- Category A Open seating: QR60
- Follow Your Champion A- Allocated seating: QR150
- Follow Your Champions B- Allocated seating: QR120
- Finish Line- Allocated seating: QR300 (Sold Out)
Select from the following packages
Contact[email protected]to book a package
- Family Package: 2 Adults + 2 children with 25% from 2-12 years old
- Group Package 1: Mininun10- maximum 49 tickets (-15%)
- Group Package 2: 50 tickets onward (-18%)
- Special Needs: Wheelchair access (-50%) + 1 accompanying (-20%)
- Corporate Packages are available to purchase and a purchase of 50 tickets must take place in order to receive a discount of 18% per ticket
- Discounts are also available for those looking to purchase bulk tickets
How to buy your ticket
Tickets can be purchased online on the IAAF officialwebsite
Tickets can be also purchased at one of the ticketing stands in Doha Festival City and City Center Doha
Contact[email protected]for requests and information.
To date, much of the fan and media interest has already focused on the first-ever midnight marathon along Doha's beautiful corniche, designed to maximise fan entertainment and global reach.
You do not need to purchase a ticket to watch the midnight marathons.
Fans can keep up-to-date with all the latest news and events in the build up to the biggest ever sporting event to ever come to the Middle East, by following social media channels @IAAFDoha2019 and using #AimBeyond