(MENAFN - PR Newswire) STOCKHOLM, July 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
Q2 sales and profit up, ZYN expansion well underway
- In local currencies, sales increased by 6 percent for the second quarter. Reported sales increased by 12 percent to 3,719 MSEK (3,336).
- In local currencies, operating profit from product segments1) increased by 7 percent for the second quarter. Reported operating profit from product segments increased by 13 percent to 1,458 MSEK (1,293).
- Operating profit amounted to 1,434 MSEK (1,263) for the second quarter.
- Profit after tax amounted to 1,080 MSEK (928) for the second quarter.
- Earnings per share increased by 20 percent to 6.39 SEK (5.31) for the second quarter.
- The outlook statement on page 11 has been modified with regard to expected growth of the US cigar market.
- ZYN in more than 50,000 stores in the US.
1) Excludes Other operations.
For the full report: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Financial-reports/Interim-reports/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Thursday, July 18 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Thomas Hayes, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference:www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/Webcasts-and-audiocasts/
Telephone conference presentation:www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/
Contacts:Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive Officer Office +46-8-658-0441
Thomas Hayes, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerOffice +46-8-658-0108
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor RelationsOffice +46-8-658-0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contactOffice +1-804-787-5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on July 18, 2019.
This information was brought to you by Cisionhttp://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
SOURCE Swedish Match
Also from this source
Swedish Match AB (publ) Share Capital and Total Number of Shares...
Swedish Match: Interim Report January - March 2019...
More news releases in similar topics
Household, Consumer & Cosmetics