(MENAFN - Newswire.com LLC) BOGOTA, Colombia and DUBLIN,
July 11, 2019(Newswire.com) -
Global M & A Partners and Banicol are delighted to announce that Banicol has joinedGlobal M & A Partnersas an exclusive partner firm for Colombia.
Banicol was founded in 2008 and is one of the leading investment banking boutiques in Colombia.
In 2018, Banicol completed seven transactions worth over USD $100 million across several industries, including construction materials, food and beverages, financial services, engineering services, education, agro-industry and transportation.
The firm's senior team is composed of three partners, who have more than 45 years of combined experience in the execution of M & A and Financing transactions in Colombia and other Latin American countries.
The partners have participated in M & A and Financing transactions worth more than USD $4.0 billion over a diverse set of sectors, including:
· Financial services
· Public transportation
· Food and beverages
· Power generation
· Oil and gas services
· Environmental services
BANICOL has two strategically located offices in Bogotá and Bucaramanga, with a total of 11 investment bankers. The firm has an active presence in regions that concentrate more than 80% of the country's GDP.
Key Highlights about Colombia's M & A:
- With a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of more than US $330 billion, Colombia is the fourth largest economy in Latin America.
- Colombia has more than 2,000 companies with annual revenues of over USD 20 million. The largest sectors are Financial Services, Manufacturing, Construction and Services
- There are approximately 120-140 reported M & A transactions in Colombia per annum with an aggregate value of between USD $4.5-6.0 billion
- In 2016-2018, the most active sectors, by number of transactions, were: Services (23%), Oil & Gas (15%), TMT (15%), Manufacturing (12%) and Food & Beverage (9%).
- In 2016-2018, cross-border transactions represented about 40% of total number of transactions.
Global M & A Partners, the leading international group of independent M & A advisory firms specializing in mid-cap transactions, has the collective resources to offer in-depth expertise and contacts across a number of industries through its dedicated global sector teams.
The prime purpose is to provide cross-border support and opportunities to clients, servicing local and multinational enterprises with typical transaction range between €20 million and €500 million.
The wide-ranging expertise of the 200+ active dealmakers supported by 100+ analysts enables us to support clients with all their corporate finance requirements, including IPOs, Fundraisings, Project Finance and Privatizations.
We have a particularly strong track record in the following industries:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Branded consumer products
- Business Services
- Energy and Mining
- Food & Beverage
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Maritime & Offshore
- Technology & Media
Global M & A Partners is present in over 40 countries. In the Americas, it is represented by nine firms, including Toronto-based Crosbie & Company, U.S.-based Brown Gibbons Lang and Meridian Capital, as well as RioN, covering Mexico and Central America, Condere in Sao Paulo, Macro Invest in Lima, Banmerchant in Santiago, Fenix Partners in Argentina and Banicol in Colombia.
Global M & A Partners also has another 14 firms in Europe and seven in Asia, including China, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
Since 2010, our Global M & A Partners advisors have closed over 1,500 transactions with an aggregate deal value in excess of €42 billion.
For further information about Global M & A Partners, please seehttps://globalma.com/home