Wednesday, 18 September 2019 11:09 GMT
img

UAE- 10-year-old boy dies after inhaling pesticide in Sharjah




(MENAFN - Khaleej Times) A 10-year-old Pakistani boy died after he inhaled pesticide fumes from a neighbouring apartment in Sharjah's Al Nahda area.
The boy, Komal S. Khan, died a few hours after reaching the hospital. His sister, Khawazmia, has also been admitted to the ICU. The children's mother and father - 41-year-old Arifa Shafi Khan and 42-year-old Shafea Allah Khan - were also hospitalised but they were discharged later.
The family's medical reports confirm that they had been exposed to toxic chemicals. Hospital staff alerted authorities following which an investigation was launched.
During the initial forensic investigation, police found that the family might have inhaled aluminum phosphide, a toxic chemical, which was sprayed in a neighbouring apartment. Police suspected that the tenants of the apartment used the chemical without the help of professional pest control companies.
The official warned that toxic gases can easily spread to a large area via openings like windows or air conditioning units.


Afkar Abdullah

MENAFN2705201900490000ID1098574317


UAE- 10-year-old boy dies after inhaling pesticide in Sharjah

  Most popular stories  

Day | Week | Month