(MENAFN - Arab Times) KUWAIT CITY, May 14: Director of Public Relations and Media Department at Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) Brigadier Khalil Al-Ameer says most of the fire incidents that occur in houses especially during Ramadan are due to mishaps in the kitchen either because of quick cooking, or food items are left forgotten on lit stove, or lack of care for the electrical equipment used in kitchens.
In a press release, he said the main reason behind the launch of fire prevention awareness campaigns for Kuwaiti citizens and expatriates and the insistence for their cooperation with firefighters in implementing fire safety conditions in the houses is to prevent fire incidents during Ramadan.
Brigadier Al-Ameer insisted on the department's keenness to spread awareness about these aspects, affirming that the concerned authorities send messages with instructions to families and insist that they follow these instructions in order to prevent fire incidents in their houses.
He revealed that recent statistics indicate eight percent reduction in fire incidents in residential areas during the year 2018. Brigadier Al-Ameer also stressed the need to be alert of the possibility of fire incidents to occur in houses at any time. He wished safety and prosperity for all during the holy month of Ramadan.