(MENAFN - Afghanistan Times) AT News Report
KABUL: The US state department has rejected remarks made by
the National Security Advisor, Hamdullah Mohib in accusing US special envoy for
Afghan peace Zalmay Khalilzad of trying to form an interim administration with
himself at the top.
Mohib said these words in an interview with journalists
during his visit to the US to attend a UN Security Council meeting.
David Hale, the US under secretary of state rejected Mohib's
statements in a meeting, warning that attack on Khalilzad means attack on the
US department of state.
'We think that either Mr. Khalilzad doesn't know what to do
or has some other plans.' Mohib said, arguing that Khalilzad twice wanted to be
candidate in Afghan presidential elections.
He added that Khalilzad plans to form and lead an interim
administration in Afghanistan, claiming that the current peace talks between
Khalilzad and Taliban are not transparent. He also alleged that Khalilzad doesn't
consult with Afghan government over talks with Taliban and provides less
information to Afghan government about his meetings with Taliban negotiators.
Khalilzad has so far held five rounds of talks with Taliban
in the Persian Gulf state of Qatar, with the last one ending on Tuesday.
Taliban refused to sit with delegation from the government
despite frequent requests. But the government recently said that Khalilzad
would first consult with government officials regarding every issue of peace
Reports say that the US state department summoned Mohib
after his remarks on Khalilzad, but the office of Afghan National Security
Council rejected the reports, saying that Mohib's meetings with the state
department officials was already arranged as part of his visit to the US.
The US officials have also warned that such remarks could
affect Kabul-Washington relations and the peace efforts.