(MENAFN - Morocco World News) ">Rabat – The Washington Post reported Interpol's denial on Sunday.
Last month, Morocco's Ministry of Justice asserted that it extradited Prince Turki based on an international Interpol arrest warrant. The ministry called media allegations that Morocco helped to 'disappear' Prince Turki 'unfounded.' Morocco arrested Prince Turki at the Casablanca airport on November 11, 2015.
The justice ministry said that it followed the proper extradition process and handled the case in Rabat's Court of Cassation.
The Saudi prince was a critic of his home country. According to the BBC, he was once in charge of policing the Saudi royal family , but moved to France in 2012 after he finished a prison sentence following a land dispute.
In 2012, Prince Turki began posting videos critical of Saudi Arabia to YouTube calling for peaceful reforms.
Prince Turki had requested asylum in France but later went to Morocco, which handed him over to Saudi Arabia.
'Someone gave Turki bin Bandar the impression Morocco was safe so he went there to do some business and the Moroccan government took him and gave him to the Saudis,' said a Saudi opposition member 'in touch with the prince shortly before he disappeared' according to the Guardian.
After Morocco extradited the prince, he disappeared.
A friend of Prince Turki's recalled that the prince gave him a book he had written soon before Morocco extradited him.
The book came with a note: 'Dear Wael, these statements are not to be shared unless I am kidnapped or assassinated. I know I will be kidnapped or they will assassinate me. I also know how they abuse my rights and those of the Saudi people.'
Morocco's justice ministry issued its statement on Prince Turki's extradition in the aftermath of the October 2 murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents in their Istanbul consulate. Saudi Arabia admitted late in October that Khashoggi's murder was premeditated .