(MENAFNEditorial) Green Building Design Competition for Young Architects in Oman
Al Jisr Foundation invites young, Omani architects to design a green building for a local hospital.
MUSCAT, OMAN, May 20, 2018 / EINPresswire.com / -- Omani architecture students and architects under the age of 30 are invited to take part in an inspiring creative competition for the design of a new dialysis centre for Sur Hospital.
Zaher Al Hosni, Board Member and Director of the Al Jisr Foundation - the charitable organization funding the development - said:
'Management and staff of Sur Hospital are in great need of improved dialysis facilities to accommodate the dramatic increase of patients with kidney failure. In order to maximize benefit and impact for the hospital over the long term, we really wanted to deliver a building that enhances sustainability through optimized operational efficiency and human well-being, while keeping the environmental footprint to a minimum.
We are certain that young architects in Oman have all the passion, creativity and talent to produce concepts that will surpass expectations, and indeed help move forward the much-needed transition toward sustainable building and architecture in Oman and beyond. We look forward to a successful outcome!'
Chaired by Al Jisr's Board of Directors, semi-finalists will be reviewed and evaluated by:
National Judges (Oman)
• Alexander Kader, Dean, Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, German University of Technology in Oman
• Dr Ali Al-Nuaimi, Head, Civil and Architectural Department, Sultan Qaboos University
• Ida Auken MP, former Minister for the Environment of Denmark, and member of the World Economic Forum Global Future Council on Cities and Urbanization
• Prof. Dr Michael Braungart, Co-founder of the Cradle to Cradle design concept
• Dr Shamir Ghumra, Global Director of BREEAM
• Jane Henley, World Bank Green Building Program Lead, and former CEO of the World Green Building Council
• Bridgett Luther, Director of California's Department of Conservation under Governor Schwarzenegger, and Founding President of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
• Gunter Pauli, Founder of the Blue Economy; Executive, Young President's Organization
In addition to a financial reward of 1,000 OMR, the entrant submitting the winning entry will be given the opportunity to join Al Jisr during key meetings in the development phase alongside project partners such as Sur Hospital management, the Ministry of Health, and a leading architectural firm commissioned to realize the project. Upon delivery of the project, the winner will receive further recognition and visibility as the lead designer at the opening ceremony.
The deadline for submissions is 24 June 2018. More information: http://www.aljisrfoundation.org/en/green-building-design-competition/ Azza Nasser Al Barwani
Al Jisr Foundation
email us here
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.