(MENAFN- Pajhwok Afghan News) FAIZABD (Pajhwok): Eight Taliban militants and four civilians have been killed in an ongoing operation in the Jaram district of the northeastern Badakhshan province, an official said on Sunday.
Sanullah Roohani, police spokesman, told Pajhwok Afghan News that Such village had been cleared of militants during the operation involving army, police and intelligence personnel.
During an exchangeof gunfire in Farghamiro village, four peopleincluding a woman were killed and 25 others wounded late on Saturday night, he said.
The wounded including women and children were under treatment at the Faizabad Civil Hospital and a medical facility in Baharak district, he added.
Dr. Ahmad Bashir Samim, the provincial council head, accused security forces of keeping local officialsout of the loop. As a result, he alleged, civilians suffered causalities.
Capt. Abdul Manaf Nazari, spokesman for the 20the Pamir Military Corps, told Pajhwok Afghan News over the past week five villages had been purged of rebels in the ongoing operation.
Earlier, a statement from the army€™s 209th Shaheen Military Corps said the clearing operation was conducted in MirawabRaghak locality on Friday.
The operation codenamed €œKokcha-18€ is part of the nationwide €œGrand Nasrat offensive.€ The dead included a deputy commander of Chinese militants named Mustafa, another Chinese national and Tajikistani.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.