Sinai operations results in 2 killed soldiers
(MENAFN) Two soldiers have been killed in the last week in the northern Sinai Peninsula, Egypt's military says, the New Arab reports.
The statement issued on Sunday said another two soldiers were wounded, and that six militants were killed.
The military said more than 500 suspected militants and criminals have been arrested. It said troops had dismantled more than 160 explosive devices.
The Sinai Peninsula has remained the epicenter of a militant insurgency since 2013, when the army ousted Mohamed Morsi -Egypt's first freely elected president and a Muslim Brotherhood leader- in a military coup.
At least 22 troops have been killed since early February, when Egypt launched a wide-scale operation against militant Islamist extremists.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.