(MENAFN- Khaleej Times) Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Dubai Future Foundation, launched the 4th edition of Dubai Future Accelerators.
Teams from 12 Dubai government entities are participating in collaboration with top innovative institutions from around the world.
During his visit to Dubai Future Accelerator Headquarters, Sheikh Hamdan said that Dubai leads the way in showing how future governments should operate.
Thus, adopting advanced work methodologies to overcome challenges can create solutions.
"Dubai continues to build partnerships with leading institutions in the private sector, boosting the development of projects that positively impact the status quo," Sheikh Hamdan said.
Accompanying Sheikh Hamdan were Mohammed Abdullah Al Gergawi, Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Dubai Future Foundation and Managing Director of Dubai Future Foundation; Khalfan Belhoul, Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Future Foundation; and Abdul Aziz Al Jazairi Deputy CEO for Strategy and Projects at Dubai Future Foundation.
Sheikh Hamdan listened to a briefing on what has been accomplished in previous editions of the Dubai Future Accelerators programme.
He expressed satisfaction with the projects that were completed in record time.
"We look forward to raising the bar in the 4th edition of Dubai Future Accelerators and finding technology-driven solutions," Sheikh Hamdan added.
"The programme helped set advanced work methodologies to tackle challenges in various sectors and find innovative solutions.
"The programme allows government entities to foresee and solve future challenges and create active partnerships across all sectors," he concluded.
During the visit, Sheikh Hamdan attended a meeting with government entities participating in this edition's programme under the theme "Take Part in Creating the Future."
The 4th edition of the Dubai Future Accelerators will see teams working over a period of nine weeks in collaboration with partners from the private sector. Work progression will be divided into eight stages.
This edition of the programme included challenges to be met:
- Decrease crime rate by 25% by 2021
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) in statistics to support the decision-making process
- Enhance emergency response
- Use AI-backed and/or blockchain solutions to enhance pest control, construction work, food safety, and public health
Dubai Health Authority
- Increase awareness among patients on diseases and preventative measures
Roads & Transport Authority - Dubai
- Enhance integration & sustainability of infrastructure
- Enhance autonomous transport with wireless charging capabilities
Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA)
- Deploy innovative solutions (blockchain, energy storage, Internet of Things (IoT)) to enhance the quality of service
- Transform operations and streamline customer support and promote self-service to 90% by 2021
- Test the adoption of augmented reality (AR) solutions and AI
- Explore ways to implement machine learning & big data to enhance corporate support by 30%
- Make use of behavioural reinforcement to increase use of digital government services by 25%
- Use IoT to manage resource planning systems at government entities to save time and effort by 30%
General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs - Dubai
- Enhance 'Smart Tunnel' solution to streamline passport control process for travellers
Department of Economic Development - Dubai
- Use AI in boosting efficiency of control & inspection procedures by 25% by 2018
Knowledge and Human Development Authority - Dubai
- Empower educational institutions to use smart systems to enhance student skills
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives
- Enhance living standards for refugees
- Utilise solar energy in desalination technology
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.