Hamas puts reward on info. related to Hamdallah's attacker
(MENAFN) On Wednesday, Hamas said that it was searching for a prime suspect in a bomb attack last week on the convoy of Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Hamdallah in Gaza.
Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, declared a USD5,000 reward for anyone who gives information about the suspect's whereabouts.
Hamdallah and Palestinian security chief Majid Faraj's convoy was attacked by a roadside bomb in Gaza on 13 March.
Hamas security forces put up checkpoints in some Gaza streets, inspecting cars and people's identification papers.
"Security services are tracing him in order to arrest him," a statement from the Gaza Interior Ministry said.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Monday blamed Hamas for the attack. His remarks threatened reconciliation efforts to end a decade-old rift between his Fatah faction and the Islamist Hamas group.
The Islamist group and Mr Abbas's secular party Fatah have been at odds since 2007 when Hamas seized control of Gaza in a near civil war.
Mr Abbas controls the internationally recognised Palestinian government, based in the occupied West Bank. Hamas and Fatah agreed on a reconciliation agreement in October but it has collapsed.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.