Envoy denies 'smuggling' workers into Kuwait events| MENAFN.COM

Monday, 24 January 2022 10:38 GMT

Envoy denies 'smuggling' workers into Kuwait events


(MENAFN- Asia Times) The Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait has denied a post on Twitter that accused his embassy of smuggling Filipinos to work at social events.

Pedro Villa denied the accusations and said Filipinos who go to the embassy to seek shelter were not allowed to work, The Filipino Times reported.

The post on Twitter, which was written in Arabic, said the Philippine Embassy had been working with an advocacy group to "smuggle" Filipino workers into weddings, concerts and other social events.

'This is totally not true. We never let those who run to the shelter go to work again. They are all staying in the shelter waiting for their repatriation,' Villa said.

The Philippine Embassy decided to file a complaint against the person who posted the tweet.

The daily<> Must-reads from across Asia - directly to your inbox <> <> <> <> Kuwait filipino workers Human smuggling Philippines Comments

MENAFN1203201801590000ID1096576980


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.