Monday, 29 November 2021 11:32 GMT

Protest as 4 of a family killed in Khost operation


(MENAFN- Pajhwok Afghan News) KHOST CITY (Pajhwok): Four members of a family have been killed during an operation by Afghan Special Forces in southeastern Khost province, an official said on Sunday.

Police chief Abdul Hanan Zadran, told Pajhwok Afghan News the security forces conducted the operation codenamed Campaign in the Zaryai village of Nader Shahkot district.

He was unaware of civilian causalities in the overnight operation, but resident Adil said four members of a family, including two women, were killed.

According to Adil, angry inhabitants of the area staged a protest and were carrying the bodies of the civilians to the governor€™s office in Khost City.

Meanwhile, the Taliban also said in a statement that civilians had been killed in the operation.

MENAFN0403201801740000ID1096543717


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.