Australia confirms 2 nationals wounded in Kabul bombing
(MENAFN- The Peninsula) By Shadi Khan Saif | AA
KABUL, Afghanistan:Two Australian nationals were wounded in Friday & #39;s attack in the Afghan capital Kabul, local media reported.
Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop confirmed the casualties in a statement to local Tolo News.
She said a car bomb was detonated near a convoy of Australian Embassy vehicles as it was traveling within Kabul.
The blast took place in the city & #39;s Qabel Bai area, which is less than 10 kilometers (6 miles) away from the NATO headquarters in Kabul.
A minor girl was killed and 14 others wounded in the suicide attack, the Interior Ministry said.
So far, there has been no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack. Similar attacks in in the past have been claimed both by the Taliban as well as by pro-Daesh armed groups.
This is the first attack in the capital since President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani extended an olive branch to the Taliban earlier this week.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.