Tuesday, 30 November 2021 07:07 GMT

50 Students Poisoned by Contaminated Well Water in Central Morocco


(MENAFN- Morocco World News) Rabat – About 50 students were immediately evacuated to the emergency department of Ben Slimane regional hospital, located halfway between Rabat (62Km) and Casablanca (55Km), after they were by contaminated on the evening of December 7.

The had been drinking from the water of a disused well.

According to the newspaper Al Akhbar, a commission of inquiry composed of elements of the Royal Gendarmerie, as well as representative of the regional academy of Casablanca-Settat started investigating into the origin of the "."

The commission will also have to answer the questions of the victims' parents concerning the management and security of the boarding school where their children are studying.

Parents seek to understand why their children had to drink from an abandoned well, even though the facility has drinking water infrastructure.

MENAFN0912201701600000ID1096212446


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.