(MENAFN - QNA) - The #Qatar
Philharmonic Orchestra will travel to the Royal Albert Hall in London next month to perform at the BBC Proms.
The orchestra will perform the music of Sergei Rachmaninoff, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Iranian-American Behzad Ranjbaran, #Qatar
Foundation (QF) said Sunday.
- In partnership with the #Qatar
Museums Authority, the Doha Film Institute continues its commitment to reflecting Qatars annual cultural partnerships with the DFI #Brazil
Cinema Showcase on September 25-26, 2014.
- HE Malaysian Minister of Foreign Affairs Hanifa Aman has highlighted his expectations that the 2022 FIFA World Cup #Qatar
will leave a lasting legacy for the entire region.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs of #Malaysia
made the remarks when he met with Secretary General of the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy Hassan Al Thawadi and some committee's members.
- The General Directorate of Customs took part in the 8th meeting of the GCC Customs Union held today at the headquarters of the GCC General Secretariat in Riyadh. Qatar's delegation to the meeting was headed by the Directorate's Chairman Ahmed bin Ali Al Mohannadi.
- The Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development Company Enterprise #Qatar
(EQ) hosted an introductory meeting for members of the retired Qatari community.
The information session was a showcase of EQ's consulting services available to business owners, and a follow up to the five-day workshop held in May that provided participants with the necessary support to set up successful SMEs.
- The #Qatar
Philharmonic Orchestra will travel to the Royal Albert Hall in London next month to perform the music of Sergei Rachmaninoff, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Iranian-American Behzad Ranjbaran in a sold-out appearance at the BBC Proms. The Philharmonic will also be joined by its Music Director Han-Na Chang and pianist Denis Matsuev. The concert, to be held on Sunday 7th September, will be the first by a Gulf-based ensemble in the 120-year history of The BBC Proms, the world's largest classical music festival.
- The Bedaya Center for Entrepreneurship and Career Development (Bedaya Center), a joint initiative by #Qatar
Development Bank and Silatech, staged a summer training programme for 23 young Qatari recruits and interns from #Qatar
Chemical Company (Q-Chem) for the second year running. The programme was held over eight days at the #Qatar
Independent Technical School (QITS). Bedaya Center won Q-Chem's tender again to carry out the training programme that helps young recruits "trainees" adapt to their new work environment and lay the foundations for a bright career future.
- Qatari teams concluded its participation in the 24th Arab Table Tennis Championship, being held at the Emile Haddad lounge in the Orthodox Club in Amman. #Qatar
Junior Table Tennis team finished second and got a silver medal after they were beaten 1-3 by Kuwaiti team in the final match.